Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New Pin Locations; BPB; Tournaments

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 30 2009 7:23 AM (5 replies)
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 7:24 PM

A thought cross my mind about utilizing the new pin locations in BPB tournaments.  They should be randomized and fixed for each tournament.  Thus, a player won't know what to expect until he tees off on a particular hole.  The individual can still practice all the pin locations in practice mode.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 3:34 AM

Hi Infinito3010

Hey - great idea, I'll go with that. Put it to WGT.

Cheers Doug

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 6:52 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. We do have plans to develop the hole location feature more in the future.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 4:07 AM

Infinito3010:

Thus, a player won't know what to expect until he tees off on a particular hole.

With all due respect Infinito, pin placements are never a secret in actual golf tournaments.  Pin sheets are available before a round and allow a player and caddy to plan their strategy and even go as far as equipping  their bag with a specific club or clubs.

Along those lines, I'd like to suggest WGT include pin location information, something similar to the one I've done below, in the tournament information available before teeing off.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 5:03 AM

My thought was the complete opposite.I wanted the pin to say which location the tourney was using.On Bethpage there are two easy locations for the front nine ready go but the only way to find out which one is being used in the tourney is to spend the $ to find out.I like to practice and when I think I'm ready to go I go.But the other day I practiced the wrong "easy" and didn't do very well in the tourney.It would be nice to know which is which.I know it doesn't matter on KW since there is only one location.It would also be nice to be able to see the "conditions" right there where it says "sing up".

Very nice illustration Andyson.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 7:23 AM

With all respect sir, tournament could be combination of Easy1, medium2 and hard1 for instance.  You will know where the pin is located from the lower right diagram of the hole. Hence, a little challenge and fun.

As for swapping clubs, I might eliminate the 3-wood and replace it with another driver depending on the tees.   It has nothing to do with pin locations.

Addendum:

As for us weekend golfers how many of you know where the pins are going to be located before you tee off.

RSS