Forums

Help › Forums

Re: More brands in pro shop

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 30 2009 9:18 AM (7 replies)
  • borntobesting
    9,639 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 7:13 PM

Would it be possible some time in the future to add more brands in the pro shop. Brands such as Cobra,Titleist,Cleveland,Calloway and Adams would be a very good addition to the brands already featured. I'm not sure if anyone has made this suggestion before and if they did please forgive me .

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 4:57 AM

The best thing to do if you would like to see your brand in the pro shop is write them an e mail. 

The equipment manufacturer would have to pay WGT a sponsorship fee.

• borntobesting
    9,639 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 5:12 AM

Soulcatcher:

The best thing to do if you would like to see your brand in the pro shop is write them an e mail. 

The equipment manufacturer would have to pay WGT a sponsorship fee.

could be the other way around. WGT may have to pay them a franchising fee to be able to use their product line.

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 4:42 PM

Possible, but I doubt it. Taylormade is a major sponsor of the site. 

Nobody does product placement for free. Every can of Coke that you see in the movies is paid for. When E.T. was being filmed they approached Smarties to be the candy that E.T. followed....they did not want to pay so it became Reese Pieces. 

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 4:43 AM

Soulcatcher:
    they approached Smarties
    I thought it was M&Ms??  Oh well, huge marketing blunder either way!  ;)

• borntobesting
    9,639 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 5:15 AM

Think  you are right but not really a marketing blunder as M&M's are still #1 and Reeces Pieces are still a very distant second if they are still even being made.

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 6:34 AM

hehe... yes they are still being made (one of my guilty pleasures). M&Ms are very prominent now due to an outstanding marketing campaign but it was well documented as a major blunder on the part of Mars Inc. at the time. See here

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 9:18 AM

You are correct Lee.    'Smarties"............lol cranial vapor lock on my part.

RSS