Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Swing Meter What Gives ?

Sat, Jun 15 2024 10:51 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • lonniescott711
    4,187 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2024 11:01 AM

Ok so been trying to play the game and the meter has gone spastic. It stutters like crazy and can't seem to fix it. I`ve uninstalled re installed cleaned my system uninstalled updated repaired it done everything under the sun except throw my computer and dance on it . 

That by the way wont be happening. So now Iam open to any and all reasonable suggestions for a fix . Playing on Windows 11 laptop i7 processors with intel iris graphics . This system is only 5 months old and there`s nothing wrong with my internet .

• SamSpayed
    4,927 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2024 11:40 AM

lonniescott711:

Ok so been trying to play the game and the meter has gone spastic. It stutters like crazy and can't seem to fix it. I`ve uninstalled re installed cleaned my system uninstalled updated repaired it done everything under the sun except throw my computer and dance on it . 

That by the way wont be happening. So now Iam open to any and all reasonable suggestions for a fix . Playing on Windows 11 laptop i7 processors with intel iris graphics . This system is only 5 months old and there`s nothing wrong with my internet .

My first thought is that you have some other programs running in the background that are chewing up resources (CPU, memory, internet).  Many programs will do that, and it's not always obvious.  For example, if you have open browser tabs that are on sites that refresh themselves periodically (such as news sites), or a weather widget, or other games, or programs that "phone home" periodically looking for updates, or a "system cleaner" program that supposedly keeps your system up-to-date. 

Programs like that often don't use many resources, but they do use just enough to make your meter skip.  For instance, when I'm running slot games on Bluestacks in the background while playing WGT, I'll notice some meter stutters several times a game.

Just a thought.

• BlackBogey
    326 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2024 12:45 PM

I have nearly the identical setup as you (HP laptop with Win 11, i5 processors, Intel Iris graphics).  Your processors are a little better than mine, but you didn't mention your RAM.  I started with 8 and things were OK if I wasn't on Discord.  I noticed some jittering once I opened Discord, and it became almost unplayable if I was on Discord and trying to stream.

I upgraded the RAM to 32 and can do all 3 at once with no problem.  The only thing that gets me now is if I have all that stuff going on while also trying to run Bluestacks Android emulator in the background.  So now if I want to play WGT I have to remember to kill Bluestacks (usually do a reboot too just to make sure all that memory is freed up), then start up WGT.

• ScottHope
    10,183 Posts
    Sat, May 18 2024 1:36 PM

Might be an idea to check your intel graphics driver at intel.com. Perhaps Windows has updated and installed a driver which isn't as good as it could be.

⇩ EDIT : Okay Lonnie, cheers. ⇩

• lonniescott711
    4,187 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2024 10:46 AM

ScottHope:

Might be an idea to check your intel graphics driver at intel.com. Perhaps Windows has updated and installed a driver which isn't as good as it could be. 

Thanks Scott the download warned to not download the suggested driver and sent me to HP . They scanned my system and everything is supposed to be fine all drivers are up to date . Will just have to wait for the next update and see what happens then . Maybe WGT will undo the mess by mistake like they usually do .

• garyk49
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, May 25 2024 6:54 AM

BlackBogey:

The only thing that gets me now is if I have all that stuff going on while also trying to run Bluestacks Android emulator in the background.  So now if I want to play WGT I have to remember to kill Bluestacks (usually do a reboot too just to make sure all that memory is freed up), then start up WGT.

Bluestacks is a very big resource hog.  I see it when tying to run 3 emulators at once to harvest video credits.  It doesn't release memory like it should, when I get around 60 videos on the 3, I have to shut Bluestacks down to free the memory back up to where the other 2 emulators will run correctly.

• SamSpayed
    4,927 Posts
    Sat, May 25 2024 2:03 PM

garyk49:
    Bluestacks is a very big resource hog.  I see it when tying to run 3 emulators at once to harvest video credits.  It doesn't release memory like it should, when I get around 60 videos on the 3, I have to shut Bluestacks down to free the memory back up to where the other 2 emulators will run correctly.

You can hit the "Trim memory" button on the right sidebar on your Bluestacks instance (or hit Ctrl+Shift+T in that instance) to free up memory for that instance.  Might save you a restart.

• garyk49
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2024 11:35 AM

SamSpayed:

You can hit the "Trim memory" button on the right sidebar on your Bluestacks instance (or hit Ctrl+Shift+T in that instance) to free up memory for that instance.  Might save you a restart.

Thanks Sam might have to try that.  Never have to restart, just shutdown Bluestacks, then both Nox and LD Player will start running correctly again. (no lag)

• garyk49
    2,322 Posts
    Fri, May 31 2024 12:48 PM

SamSpayed:

Thanks Sam might have to try that.  Never have to restart, just shutdown Bluestacks, then both Nox and LD Player will start running correctly again. (no lag)

[/quote Nope doesn't work. I still see high CPU usage and High memory usage along with high GPU usage until I actually shutdown Bluestacks.  Then both Nox and LD Player will run correctly again lag free.  Looking at both the Process and Performance tabs of the task manager.  By stopping Bluestacks then the CPU, Memory and GPU will then fall and let the others run correctly.  At least that is how it runs on this computer setup.  BTW it said it trimmed 1048 of memory but saw no difference in any of the numbers, or the way this machine acted.  I have the numbers written down if you want to see them.

• lonniescott711
    4,187 Posts
    Sat, Jun 1 2024 8:59 AM

lonniescott711:

ScottHope:

Thanks Scott the download warned to not download the suggested driver and sent me to HP . They scanned my system and everything is supposed to be fine all drivers are up to date . Will just have to wait for the next update and see what happens then . Maybe WGT will undo the mess by mistake like they usually do .

Well the update didn't make it any better. The meter is still hinky making the game disappointing to play. I had my tech friend look at my computer and they assured me that the problem isn`t on my end. So back to playing practice rounds with the rock . Not wasting perfectly good balls on an unplayable game .

• PAGES
RSS