Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Community Custom Courses

Wed, May 8 2024 3:13 PM (3 replies)
  • arkage57
    2,817 Posts
    Tue, May 7 2024 11:24 AM

I really like seeing the custom courses submitted by various clubs, and open for all to play.

One suggestion I think is appropriate and needed: In the description, tell us what this course represents- Is it a collection of the club's favorites? the club's most disliked? is it modeled after a PGA course that is not available on WGT? what does it represent to the club or member that created it?

Without the descriptor, for anyone not in the club that submitted it, it is just a collection of random holes from random courses.(But still a nice break from playing the same courses over and over)

Ark

• Feodas0
    1 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2024 6:45 AM

Hello, I would like to suggest something to give you more of a challenge during tie-breaks.
    You should let the hole play normally, and if there is a tie, it is the one that was closest to the hole during the 1st approach who wins the game.
    This would add even more suspense.

• BlackBogey
    293 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2024 1:46 PM

Feodas0:

Hello, I would like to suggest something to give you more of a challenge during tie-breaks.
    You should let the hole play normally, and if there is a tie, it is the one that was closest to the hole during the 1st approach who wins the game.
    This would add even more suspense.

Great idea, but then it really gives the advantage to the player with better equipment/apparel.  If the person with the lower equipment/apparel has already persevered through regulation, no need to put them at an extra disadvantage on the  "Sudden Death" hole?

Say a player with a 265yd driver has managed to eke out a tie against a player with a 291yd driver in the regulation hole(s).  Then when they get to the "Extra" hole, the 265yd player will be at a distinct disadvantage, especially if they get a strong headwind and can't even reach the green in regulation (or some holes reach the fairway off the tee).  Or they get a strong tailwind and the 291yd guy can reach the green setting up an eagle chance/easy 2 putt.

• SamSpayed
    4,913 Posts
    Wed, May 8 2024 3:13 PM

arkage57:

I really like seeing the custom courses submitted by various clubs, and open for all to play.

One suggestion I think is appropriate and needed: In the description, tell us what this course represents- Is it a collection of the club's favorites? the club's most disliked? is it modeled after a PGA course that is not available on WGT? what does it represent to the club or member that created it?

I agree, Ark.  We also need to have a Description of each Custom Course in the list of CC Custom Courses (https://www.wgt.com/clubs/custom_courses.aspx). 

RSS