Help › Forums

Re: golf.exe not found

rated by 0 users
Sun, May 5 2024 4:16 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • strrretch
    86 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2024 7:48 AM

I'm not sure if anyone else has had same problem but...after last update was downloaded I can no longer play WGT as I get the error message golf.exe cannot be found.  Would appreciate any assistance.

• ScottHope
    10,134 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2024 7:58 AM

Find your way here in Windows explorer...

C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Topgolf \ WGTLauncher \ golf

...inside the golf folder should be a golf.exe file, if the file or folder does not exist I would suggest reinstalling the game.

• Billrog1961
    4 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2024 9:14 AM

Having the same problem. golf.exe file is not there. Have tried reinstalling and itstill doesn't work

• ScottHope
    10,134 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2024 9:31 AM

Following my instructions above, Bill, does your golf folder exist?

• Billrog1961
    4 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2024 9:48 AM

Yes the golf folder is there, but when opened there is no golf.exe file

• ScottHope
    10,134 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2024 10:52 AM

This is what I have in my golf folder, is there anything else missing for you?

ALPHA-LIST
    build_info.txt
    golf.exe
    golf_Data
    MonoBleedingEdge
    spt_logs.txt
    UnityCrashHandler32.exe
    UnityPlayer.dll
    WGTGame_vers.sptv
  • solanna
    692 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2024 11:10 AM

I have the same problem and since I'm very computer dumb could someone please walk me through the process of uninstalling and installing the wgt launcher.

Erv

• Billrog1961
    4 Posts
    Thu, May 2 2024 11:47 AM

I have golf.exe missing

• ScottHope
    10,134 Posts
    Fri, May 3 2024 12:46 AM

Bill, you could try renaming your golf folder to something like golf1 for instance, then run the game again.

If it installs successfully then you can delete your golf1 folder because there should be a new golf folder there.

Erv, are you getting the golf.exe not found error message too?

POSSIBLE SOLUTION :

If, according to the list of files in my post above, the golf.exe file is the only file missing in your golf folder, then you can download that file from my Google Drive...

golf.exe

...once downloaded, cut or copy it from your downloads folder and paste it into your golf folder.

If you don't know how to find your golf folder, hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press r. Then, in the run dialogue box, copy and paste this in...

C:\Program files (x86)\Topgolf\WGTLauncher\golf

...then hit OK or enter. That should open a window showing the files inside the golf folder. Paste the downloaded golf.exe file there. Now try running the game.

• Billrog1961
    4 Posts
    Fri, May 3 2024 5:52 AM

Tried that, won't let me paste your golf.exe file in to my golf folder, "admin permission required"

• PAGES
RSS