Forums

Help › Forums

Re: To all club owners

Mon, Feb 5 2024 10:23 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Tony08888
    566 Posts
    Wed, Jan 31 2024 3:27 AM

You nailed it Robert. The paper only describes various club models with no mention of specific clubs. That was a thought after some previous replies and hearing from others, but I agree that wouldn't be fair.

Some of the points made above can be incorporated into the introductory paragraphs and in an “things to ask the prospective club owner” section. 

The introductory also states that it is not possible to capture all club types since there are many that may not fall into the mainstream, and a lot of clubs have a varying mix of traits. 

It is a simple guide listing less than 10 of the main types that can be found and helps the player identify their own style (some may not even realize) and what to look for in a club that closely aligns to it.

Thanks for the reply. Valid points and it sounds like we’re on the same page.

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Wed, Jan 31 2024 6:15 AM

👍

• AlaskanDame
    18,973 Posts
    Wed, Jan 31 2024 2:28 PM

It is precisely because a dialog with the owner is useful (to both me and the potential member) that my “info” club message on the WGT Country Club page says this:

“Friendly active club with very few requirements. . . EXCEPT you must “friend” the owner and communicate before you will be admitted. . . “

With lower tiers, esp., this also lets me know if they can navigate the site a bit.

• CathkinJohn
    18 Posts
    Sat, Feb 3 2024 2:33 AM

This sounds like a worthwhile project and I would be pleased to receive a copy when you complete it.

I’m relatively new to WGT Golf and enjoy it greatly. I formed a Country Club with the intention of having the members engaging in friendly matches and competitions with each other.

The club has grown to about 54 members but the problem I am experiencing is  the lack of response to my posts on the club forum. I’ve tried the chat posting on players wall. I find it hard to believe every member of the club is so rude as to not at least acknowledge a message.

it would be interesting to know if other club owners are experiencing the same problem. 

Cheers,

Cathkin John 

• Tony08888
    566 Posts
    Sun, Feb 4 2024 2:41 PM

CathkinJohn:

it would be interesting to know if other club owners are experiencing the same problem. 

Cheers,

Cathkin John 

Sent you a friend request so we can talk.

• FuturaUK
    1,367 Posts
    Sun, Feb 4 2024 11:26 PM

This sounds like an interesting project. 

I personally agree with many of the points raised - particularly about the prospect of naming ANY club. This form of advertising already has enough 'platforms' in these forums and in discord.

Also... why provide the info on discord? I know it is 'popular' but not everyone (owner or members) use discord.

Will ALL the information be available in the WGT forum too?

I already have reservations about WGT themselves using discord only, for much of their 'communication', that does not get put in these forums here.

Examples of recent things in there, but not in these forums (I haven't found them anyway) are the new pins on two more courses that's due this year as well as the 'prospect' of a new course this yr. I found this 'by accident' when I was scrolling through the 'general chat' section, having not been on discord for over a week.

I have a discord account and 'pop in there' occasionally, but I certainly do not want to have to 'live in there' to keep abreast of what's going on in WGT. 

I know discord is liked by many people, but not ALL!

I do like the idea proposed, and I hope it is 'delivered' for EVERYONE to be able to access.

Kind regards

Les 

• Tony08888
    566 Posts
    Mon, Feb 5 2024 10:23 AM

• PAGES
RSS