Forums

Help › Forums

Re: If you were to buy one thing?

Thu, Jan 14 2010 5:22 AM (77 replies)
  • ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 10:44 PM

I'm not going to offer an opinion on what single club will take the most strokes off your score. But the one club that increased my enjoyment of the game the most was the Redwood.

My putting still sucks, but it sucks so much sweeter now.

• GHOLEN1
    1 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2010 5:11 PM
    i`M IN THE PRO RANKS AN DON`T SEEM TO GET ENOUGH CRDTS TO BUY A DRIVER I LIKE MY PUTTER IT`S DISTANCE THAT I WANT
  • JulioMoot
    76 Posts
    Tue, Jan 12 2010 5:54 PM

i hit my starter driver 284y once :). but whilst i was quickly moving up the tiers with my starters my 1st official purchase was the Tour pro driver, at $3 it was a vgood buy, i unfortunately moved to master, and playing alot of bp the driver was no good as it would ave 270-280y ,but 1st bounce was like 240 and not long enough to reach some fairways.

but if you stay at Pro, the tour pro driver is a great club! buy it!

all the putters r the same, your the one who needs to find the right line and most important the  weight.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2010 2:31 AM

Hi All,

I maybe have already posted in this thread. However, without doubt I would buy the best driver that i could afford.

That gets your second shots into high iron territory, and hence more chances of birdies.

I've been on this site for over 20 months - and in the end the 2 clubs that got me to Master level were the R9 Pro driver and the Fairway Wood. With those two clubs I started getting putts for eagles, which I had never experienced before. Then all of a sudden I smashed my course record at Kiawah with a 61. I was shooting 66 - 69 at BPB.

Then I had another great round at Kiawah and shot 62.

So - get those two clubs and with practice you'll get there.

Cheers Doug

• wiscb
    28 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2010 7:59 AM

I agree,The ready go trnys really stink. The shots are bogis.The putting is bs as well.There is only one winner here.WGT. I beleive they have it set up so everyone wins from time to time.To keep them spending the money on these trnys. I also beleive they are making a killing on this web site.Time for more coarses.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2010 8:24 AM

wiscb:

I agree,The ready go trnys really stink. The shots are bogis.The putting is bs as well.There is only one winner here.WGT. I beleive they have it set up so everyone wins from time to time.To keep them spending the money on these trnys. I also beleive they are making a killing on this web site.Time for more coarses.

We've been itching for new courses for what seems forever !   Hopefully they'll finally release St. Andrews for stroke play soon.   And more in the future.

But I disagree with your assertion on the RG tournys.   If you're a good consistent player, it's easy credits.    I play 2 of the RG tournaments, one per day.   I know if I shoot my "normal" game, I will win credits.   I started the RG tournys with 150 credits.   Since then, I've upgraded to the redwood putter, and I'm a few RG tournaments away from having enough credits to upgrade my irons and wedges.   And that's considering I haven't come in first place in any of the RG tournys I've participated in.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2010 1:17 AM

Ready goes are great, I haven't had to pay for a single sleeve of balls since its creation.

Ive even managed to win a couple, I love the way they thin out the better players. Shoot 30-31 you have a good chance to win. 3 under will usually net you a small profit..

Ive gone off post, sorry.

What I want to mention is that I struggled for along time to get better. The best piece of advice ive ever had came from Jimbow4. While this isn't a recognizable name to many of you, he is very consistent around -5 to -6 and can shot lower on occasion. He told me to refine my ball striking playing a variety of CTTH contests. You really learn distance control that way, especially if you take some notes. Its amazing how much your game improves when your 5' away from the hole as opposed to 15'. Funny how the game gets easier.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2010 5:22 AM

dan-I don't play the CTTH much because it seems to me that they don't play the same way they do on the stroke courses (BPB and Kia). Is this my imagination?

YJ

RSS