Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Benefits of being in a Country club?

Thu, Jan 18 2024 11:45 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2024 8:45 AM

f1m4rc:

Does every post take a minimum of 48 hours before it's posted? I thought it was just the first post, thereafter it's instantly posted. Another thread of mine and comments are yet to be posted. What happened to freedom of speech. Like do wgt live in fairyland?

For approximately the first 30 to 40 posts, players' posts are moderated. After that time period, moderation is supposed to be lifted. But sometimes a player needs to make a request to one of the moderator's walls. 

As an aside, it's not a free speech issue. The concept of free speech was never intended to suggest one has freedom to speak in whatever forum they wish. For example, if I went into someone's home and started saying blatantly offensive things, the homeowner would be completely justified in telling me to leave. 

If I played the "free speech" card, I think an appropriate response from the homeowner would be something along the lines of "Yes, you have free speech. But no, you do not have the freedom to say it in my house."

Metaphorically, it's WGT's house. They can legitimately moderate speech and decide what gets posed and what doesn't. There really should be no expectation that one has free speech in another's house or forum. 

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2024 11:16 AM

"For example, if I went into someone's home and started saying blatantly offensive things, the homeowner would be completely justified in telling me to leave." 

I fully support Robert's POV on this. We have the same "freedom of expression" clause entrenched in the Cdn charter of Rights.and Freedoms, 

However, the management at Hooters wasn't buying it and showed me and my buddies the door (...

ct

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Jan 18 2024 11:45 AM

ct690911:

However, the management at Hooters wasn't buying it and showed me and my buddies the door (...

ct

Right there, that's a rough day. Well, at least you could probably go to Timmy's down the street and pick something up there. 

• PAGES
RSS