Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Choice between different putting meter levels on the same club

rated by 0 users
Thu, Oct 26 2023 8:48 AM (2 replies)
  • cyrusthegreat
    71 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2023 12:49 PM

Somewhat related to my question about irons (https://www.wgt.com/forums/t/733166.aspx), here's something else I've been wondering about.

Say the lower two levels on my putter are 10 feet and 20 feet. Is there any difference at all between swinging with 100% power on the 10 foot scale and 50% power on the 20 foot scale?

• SamSpayed
    4,904 Posts
    Mon, Oct 23 2023 9:26 AM

cyrusthegreat:
    Say the lower two levels on my putter are 10 feet and 20 feet. Is there any difference at all between swinging with 100% power on the 10 foot scale and 50% power on the 20 foot scale?

No difference.  However, you may find that you are able to hit the ding easier if you use the higher scale (eg. 20 ft scale), because the meter will not have to travel as far.

I have a putter with 10-20-50 foot scales.  I use the 50 foot scale for almost all putts over 7 feet.  I only use the 20 foot scale for putts where I want to hit under 5 feet of power (eg. 25% or less), or when I have a touch putt (i.e. a very short putt with a lot of break) where I need extra precision on how hard I hit it.  I only use the 10 foot scale for tap-ins.

• cyrusthegreat
    71 Posts
    Thu, Oct 26 2023 8:48 AM

Oh, that's a great point! I'd been more worried about how mishits might be calculated, with a potential greater deviation in the distance or angle if using a longer scale. But the actual swing meter mechanisms are important too.

RSS