Forums

Help › Forums

Re: REALLY?

Sat, Sep 9 2023 12:53 PM (4 replies)
  • dragonmouse
    26 Posts
    Thu, Sep 7 2023 2:09 PM

I make no claims at being a golfer real or imagined.  P

ga, hole 1, 115 yds to the flag from the tee. 125 yd pw (level 70 B Hogan's) 20+ directly from behind wind.  Hit the ding full power excellent shot, no spin at all and it drops 30+ yards short in the water?  I may suck but that is just wrong. Went from even to +2 in the tourney.  Think ok that was just wgt and I have 8 more holes to make it up.  Every single hole after that, hit it long, hit it short, hit it on the money, nothing worked according to the numbers. In one case 2-3 wind and ended up 15 yards left, shot aim goofed almost to the right line past ding, in the sand. Hard to one putt when you are 40 to 50 feet away every single time. 

Just a rant here but jeez sometimes it seems I have proof that because I won't spend a dime of real money on their silly game they (the algorithm) insist on forcing the loss. I don't mind losing to a better player, I despise getting beat by the ...... whatever it is.

• HamdenPro
    2,418 Posts
    Fri, Sep 8 2023 11:10 AM

dragonmouse:
    whatever it is.

• MioKontic
    4,599 Posts
    Sat, Sep 9 2023 12:50 AM

You've been here long enough to know that WGT mess with our game.  However, are you telling us the whole truth?  For instance, you had 115yds to the flag, hit a full 125 with no spin, with a 20mph tailwind, and it comes up short???  Even with VEM (algorithms that WGT can manipulate as they wish), that shot would have been through the back of the green.  I'd say the club was somehow changd to a SW.

Then you say you had 20+ wind on the 1st, and a 2-3 wind later on.  Impossible!  That is medium or high wind on the first, then low wind later on.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Sat, Sep 9 2023 4:48 AM

Perhaps there's another explanation other than VEM of course. I can't seem to find your iron set. Are they a medium trajectory clubs?

All the 12 o'clock tailwinds are the worse!!! Even with high trajectory clubs they keep the ball so low even using full back spin shot.

Now...we have a scenario of possibly medium trajectory club, with 20 tailwind (extreme, especially if it was 12 o clock) and a flat shot. Plus the fact you are using a short distance ball. Apex? 70 feet?

• dragonmouse
    26 Posts
    Sat, Sep 9 2023 12:53 PM

To answer both of the above.  This was in the tourney for three holes at a time for 9 total. So the wind changed for each of the three hole sets.   Answering the other they are level 75+ BH.  They have high traj,  Ball is one of the 130ish credits showing distance of +2.  I can at least agree with the vem thing as yes I have been here a while.  Club didn't show changing at the shot (I was actually looking to make sure that time) so if it did there was no appearance of such.  Thanks for the idea's guys was just ranting however I have been shooting poorly for the last couple of weeks and would simply lay it off to that.  I can't though on this round of 9 as there were no distractions, ( I was paying attention and working at it). I despise pebble beach as an aside, but in three trys still did not qualify, twice to poor putting yet this one round I was 2 under at that point and couldn't recover to a 3 or 4 over finish at 9, and it is simply aggravating.  

mostly this was a vent, but just wanted others who had bad days/weeks, that it happens to us all and yet we still play.  I don't try to figure it out, just roll with it and keep on trucking. In a few weeks will be back to birds and pars and wonder why i fussed. You folks have a good day and enjoy.

RSS