Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Will a putter upgrade be of advantage for an iPad player.

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 21 2023 3:21 PM (6 replies)
  • Fred7NS
    4 Posts
    Mon, Jul 31 2023 2:00 PM

Somehow in the back of my mind I have a vague memory that I read that the standard issue putter is just fine for an iPad and no sense upgrading.

thanks for your comments

• CSM111
    119 Posts
    Mon, Aug 7 2023 9:12 AM

Not sure if maybe that was an old post , BUT I will say that upgrading any equipment is a help and does make a difference 

• bossbird
    2,195 Posts
    Mon, Aug 7 2023 9:56 AM

I play on a iPad , and I can definitely say for me , an upgrade was absolutely necessary. 
    Over the years I have tried them all , and am relatively content with my red spider L101, I have also bought the phantom L98 , which I still own and try to master one day. With the putters there are various gradients 10, 20, 50 etc or 15, 30 60 etc. once you get used to one or the other it is difficult to change to the other one.  Bear in mind , on every hole you have to putt, you don’t have to Drive, chip or iron on every hole. My personal opinion is that putting and getting the approach shots right are far more Important than a few extra yards on a drive.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Mon, Aug 7 2023 11:22 AM

Fred7NS:

Somehow in the back of my mind I have a vague memory that I read that the standard issue putter is just fine for an iPad and no sense upgrading.

thanks for your comments

I think many players have went from hack to tour champ using that putter, on PC fwiw...the meter is a good speed.

Honestly looking at your stats- I would look to upgrade the others (wedges are fine, but your due to upgrade irons/3wd and driver) first if I had to choose, getting your GIR (Greens in Regulation) and your distance to the pin to a lower number would greatly improve your game.

• AlaskanDame
    18,998 Posts
    Mon, Aug 7 2023 3:51 PM

Absolutely agree, bossbird.  Wedges and putter are key.

The starter putter has lowest distance of 30 feet, I believe.   Terribly difficult for me to find putt length under 10 feet on that.  One needs either the 10,20,30 or the 15/30 you mention.

Note, if one is a purposely off-ding putter, then keep the “forgiveness” metric low, like a 2.  If you try to move the aim and ding your putts, get higher forgiveness and high precision and balance.  While the swing meter is nice and slow on the starter putter, the precision and balance are lacking, so the putt won’t consistently go where you aim, even if you ding.

• Rotoscout
    2 Posts
    Tue, Aug 8 2023 9:05 AM

Love what you said about the off-ding putting. I wasn’t sure if I was crazy for playing that way or if that was a thing. But I find it much more intuitive to aim with my swing meter and never move the pointer. Switched from a 2 to a 3.5 forgiveness putter and I couldn’t figure out why all my putts were either short or narrow. Then it hit me…Forgiveness rating! Seems like off-ding is the way to go for mobile players imo. And like you said, if that’s your method than low forgiveness (2) is the essential.

. Anyway, thanks for explaining in your note above AlaskanDame. And for starting the conversation iPad player.

• Fred7NS
    4 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2023 3:21 PM

Thanks very much for your comments and help

RSS