• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Wed, Jun 28 2023 9:08 AM

Just

Only 1 level,50 cents. Count me out!, gl,wgt

• newcigarz
    18 Posts
    Wed, Jun 28 2023 10:07 AM

From the description "Make history in the first ever Showdown Royale event, starting today! This all-new elimination style tournament is just like traditional Showdown events, but only the best of the best will make it to the end. The qualifying round is one day only, so be sure to secure your spot before time runs out.

• sheepsass
    648 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2023 6:54 AM

So..lower tiers also get veteran?

• AlaskanDame
    18,975 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2023 9:36 AM

sheepsass:

Yup.

And it’s not really “elimination” style, which I expected to be winnowing down of original group.  I have a completely new set of people in Round 2 than I had in Round 1.  What’s the metric for achieving the new mix, WGT?   

I won’t be playing this again unless there’s a whole lot more transparency about risk/reward.

• bossbird
    2,194 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2023 11:05 AM

AlaskanDame:

sheepsass:

Yup.

And it’s not really “elimination” style, which I expected to be winnowing down of original group.  I have a completely new set of people in Round 2 than I had in Round 1.  What’s the metric for achieving the new mix, WGT?   

I won’t be playing this again unless there’s a whole lot more transparency about risk/reward.

Me neither ! 

• almancini
    203 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2023 5:14 PM

Hi Agree with all above maybe call the next one WGT Shakedown!!Regards Al.

• ryry4321
    45 Posts
    Fri, Jun 30 2023 8:37 AM

, this is a new showdown event that they will be doing for the (better players), which it did state in the description (the best of the best will make it to the end).  This showdown is not supposed to be easy and is not for everyone, don't know why people are getting so upset about it. The original showdowns are still a go, so all you high levels can enter rookie 😂 

• Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Sun, Jul 2 2023 11:25 AM

As I understand it, the "Rookie" level is cheaper to play as opposed to veteran but veteran prizes are bigger.  Not sure there is a difference in level of competition given that it appears to be a random draw as to which courses and conditions you play.

RSS