Help › Forums

Re: Tour Legend to Champion

Sun, May 26 2024 10:22 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2023 3:06 AM

protonc:
    At 750 to 774 my avg went up and down, at 775 my avg dropped by .08, and has dropped since.

I'm guessing this is as you became TL at 1,366 "ranked rounds" that you've just added 2,750 to what wgt now tell you at that stat'.  Problem is not everything counted there also counts toward  rr's when it comes to tiering up.

A couple of other things that probably don't matter: what you describe is saturation at 774 rounds and for it to do what you describe the 60 scored in the 775th would need to be replacing a 122.     

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2023 4:44 AM

DodgyPutter:

protonc:
    At 750 to 774 my avg went up and down, at 775 my avg dropped by .08, and has dropped since.

I'm guessing this is as you became TL at 1,366 "ranked rounds" that you've just added 2,750 to what wgt now tell you at that stat'.  Problem is not everything counted there also counts toward  rr's when it comes to tiering up.

A couple of other things that probably don't matter: what you describe is saturation at 774 rounds and for it to do what you describe the 60 scored in the 775th would need to be replacing a 122.     

Hey D, not sure what the 2,750 number Is, but I only look at the ranked rounds, not the total rounds that WGT added last year. So all ranked rounds after 1366 counted toward the magic number. 

During Clashes I do have some high rounds when trying to beat 70+ ft putts for longest putt, since it’s only 9 holes, 61 is possible, higher too.

This doesn’t matter, was stating what I noticed, take it for what it is.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2023 7:08 AM

protonc:
    Hey D, not sure what the 2,750 number Is, but I only look at the ranked rounds, not the total rounds that WGT added last year. So all ranked rounds after 1366 counted toward the magic number. 

Sorry my bad you would have 2,141 -  the 1,366 and got the 775.  

The important thing is that it's not a straight sum.  Par 3s, par 5s and custom courses don’t count toward average or saturation. Those rounds are included in the ranked rounds total in our stat's. I'm suggesting somewhere you played 24/5 of these.

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2023 7:42 AM

DodgyPutter:

The important thing is that it's not a straight sum.  Par 3s, par 5s and custom courses don’t count toward average or saturation. Those rounds are included in the ranked rounds total in our stat's. I'm suggesting somewhere you played 24/5 of these.

Yes, aware of 3-5’s. Not a huge fan of them, and rarely get to play 5’s in Clashes. I know they don’t affect Avg, but didn’t think they were ranked rounds.  If so, very well possible.  Odd, coincidence, etc. at 25 I guess. If it were 7, 12, 19 over wouldn’t have thought anything about it.

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, May 2 2023 7:49 AM

As I suggested earlier it was actually 24, you said your average changed dramatically on the 775th round and that would only happen the round after you saturated. 

• Daniel24326
    179 Posts
    Fri, May 24 2024 12:44 PM

Cowboy let me see if this helps when you became a tour legend you had to know how many ranked rounds you played as legend then you had to add 750 more ranked rounds to that number in other words if you had 2200 ranked rounds When you went from legend to tour legend you should only need 2950 range rounds and have a score of 58.99 or lower hope this helps

• BlackBogey
    327 Posts
    Sun, May 26 2024 10:22 AM

Not trying to bust your chops, but this is not exactly 💯 true, and these vague statements only add to confusion on the topic.  (Not to mention this is a 1 year old topic and Cowboy Ted has already progressed to TL).

As was pointed out by several others already, BOP3/BOP5/Custom courses WILL count as ranked rounds in your stats, but WILL NOT count as ranked rounds towards saturation or change your overall average.

So in your example, if he had 2200 when turning TL and played 750 RR his new total of RR in the stats would be 2950 as you say.  However, if 5 of those RR were BOP3, 10 were BOP5, and 10 were Custom Courses, those 25 RR would not count towards saturation or average, leaving him 25 short of saturation.  Your example would be true in a "perfect world" where no BOP3/BOP5/Customs were played, but that's hard to accomplish in 750 rounds.

Also the required average is 59 or lower, not 58.99.  Seems nit-picky but that .01 can take a while to knock out depending on your score history.

• PAGES
RSS