Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Funny names as placeholders on leaderboards…

rated by 0 users
Fri, Mar 3 2023 11:38 PM (1 replies)
  • YouLostToALoser
    190 Posts
    Mon, Feb 27 2023 3:29 AM

I’m sure most have noticed the names used as placeholders in the ‘Prizes’ tab for Tournements tend to be quite humorous. A couple from one I’m playing at the moment are:-

BigA55Titti35 (obvious)

IowaSKJ03 (unsure… anyone with an understanding of the innuendo and/or double entendre being used here?)

*sidjames210 (a nod to the great man himself… one of a handful of men and women)

*of course, Sid James, one of the icons of British comedy. I think to kinda prove that they are indeed joke names with humour that was/is all about innuendo and double entendre, as well as parody, farce and slapstick. Unfortunately for Sid, I believe, as with many of the regulars on the Carry On films, was typecast into their particular characters, much to their chagrin at the time.

However, being that they were so successful and indeed ‘timeless, still have a huge place in British comedy and film making, it could certainly have been worse. They give a great insight into the humour for regular people in the UK in the 1960’s and 70’s.

So the question for us on WGT is… are the people who work for them big fans of British 20th century humour, and the Carry On franchise in particular, or have they just been influenced by them indirectly?

Guess we may never know, but please, anyone else who enjoys this humour, please put some of your favourite names that are used for this purpose.

Ps 2 of the names are real, but are both L60 something pros.

RSS