Help › Forums

Re: Getting rid of club members that are inactive for months/years

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 17 2022 10:41 AM (6 replies)
  • Tomacho51
    25 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2022 6:08 AM

Hello everyone!

In my club there are a lot of members who only plyzed a few times, if they played, and aftrewards came nothing from them to support the club. How can I get rid of these inactive club members being a officer of the club. I could not find the clue to do so.

I would be happy to get a helplng hand on this.

Regards!

Tomacho51

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2022 10:14 AM

Only the owner may cancel memberships. She may delegate CC invitations to others but not the removal.

But, at 35/175 members in your CC, I can't imagine "a lot of members" inactive(?)

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2022 10:26 AM

alosso:
    But, at 35/175 members in your CC, I can't imagine "a lot of members" inactive(?)

28 of the 35 haven't played this year (2022) so that's an 80%+ inactive rate.
    Granted it's only 28 members but that only leaves 7 members who have played this current year.

• bossbird
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2022 12:20 PM

Would be easier for the active members to leave and join a more active club, don’t you think ?

• SamSpayed
    4,909 Posts
    Sun, Jul 3 2022 3:37 PM

bossbird:

Would be easier for the active members to leave and join a more active club, don’t you think ?

The club owner is one of the active members.  I would suggest that a better approach might be for the OP (a Director) to get with the Owner to address his membership concerns.

• RichK34
    11 Posts
    Sat, Sep 17 2022 10:41 AM

My club has been in existence for a little over a year. I've discussed this issue among my directors, and we just started "relegating" inactive players. If they haven't played for 6-8 weeks, they're gone. 

It doesn't take much to "reset" one's clock, just a one hole match in a coin room will do the trick.

Our membership has reached a high of 34 members, we're now back to 29, with 27 having played every day or nearly every day. We're hitting the requirements for a turf war in two days, and the active members of my club like that. We also just went 8-0 in the club clash, a first for us. 

There are two in line for relegation in a few weeks...thanks to the Shark for the term! I'm always on the hunt for new members, mostly by playing Beverly Hills or other smaller coin rooms that have more unaffiliated golfers.

We're a level 8 club, looking to advance. Any opinions on this subject are welcome. I'm always looking for ways to improve the experience for my members.

RSS