Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Top Golf & Virtual Reality

rated by 0 users
Sun, Mar 13 2022 2:24 PM (3 replies)
  • Dave33200
    2,935 Posts
    Sat, Mar 5 2022 6:26 PM

I was out of town last weekend visiting my son and he showed me his VR headset (Virtual Reality). He had a golf game on their called Golf+. It was partly developed by Top Golf, the PGA, and another company I can not remember.

It was a very fun experience. I liked it so much as soon as I got home, I went out and got one for myself. Currently there are only 3 courses available. Wolf Creek, Valhalla, and one called Cliffs. What a great experience it would be if Top Golf could add the courses available here at WGT.

Just for the record, I’m a much better player on this PC game vs the VR game. It puts a whole different strategy and skill set to play this game on VR.

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Sat, Mar 5 2022 7:49 PM

Coincidently, my Oculus Quest 2 arrived just 6 hours ago. Bought Golf+ and Wolf Creek add on. I should be breaking par in about 10 or 20...  years.  lol   

• Dave33200
    2,935 Posts
    Sat, Mar 5 2022 8:47 PM

Duphpherer:

Coincidently, my Oculus Quest 2 arrived just 6 hours ago. Bought Golf+ and Wolf Creek add on. I should be breaking par in about 10 or 20...  years.  lol   

LOL. Yes, that's what I got also. The OQ2. It sure is a lot different than the PC/mobile game. I'd suggest to paly a few rounds in Novice mode to get used to swinging the controller. I've only had mine for 5 days and even though I suck, it's still fun and amazing graphics. 

• mnb1985
    198 Posts
    Sun, Mar 13 2022 2:24 PM

Dave33200:

I was out of town last weekend visiting my son and he showed me his VR headset (Virtual Reality). He had a golf game on their called Golf+. It was partly developed by Top Golf, the PGA, and another company I can not remember.

It was a very fun experience. I liked it so much as soon as I got home, I went out and got one for myself. Currently there are only 3 courses available. Wolf Creek, Valhalla, and one called Cliffs. What a great experience it would be if Top Golf could add the courses available here at WGT.

Just for the record, I’m a much better player on this PC game vs the VR game. It puts a whole different strategy and skill set to play this game on VR.

Hi Dave,

if you’ve already got a VR headset you can play WGT on it through Steam (through SteamVR). It won’t give you the ability to look left right up down like a true made for vr immersive game, but it will allow you to play WGT on your headset. 

A quick google of steamVR will throw up a number of tutorials that’ll have you up and running in no time.

Hope that helps buddy. 

RSS