Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Frustrated

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 11 2009 8:45 PM (9 replies)
  • Possmguts
    30 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 11:45 AM

This game is so Frustrating to me.... I made it to Pro tier and had my average at 79.84 and in two games I'm back to like an 80.50.

I started playing this game because I needed some stress relief, but I think it's only brought my blood pressure up more.

I need a Happy Gilmore button so I can sling my club when I hack a shot.

My putting game is horrible. I'm a backwards view putter and use the grid, I understand the physics and all to putting on this game, but I miss so close so many times and I end up with a Bogey or worse. I just cant set the ball up close enough to single put enough to have an under game. One, nine hole game, I managed to Par all but one hole and that's what got me my pro tier and ever since I'm playing like a hack again and just cant get under an 80 anywhere.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I could use some coaching sometime if anyone wants to play and give some pointers.

• SMC1967
    41 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 12:20 PM
    tape or mark the bottom of you screen like a ruler for putting. Buying a new golden putter will help alot after you get the putting down witht the ruler as a guid. It hard as crap to inprove better than 76 with starter stuff. The game has a way of playing against you. You have to keep a cool head when playing. the meter bar; after hiting enough shots becomes understandable. My problem my finger doesnt allways fire (click ) when I tell it to.
  • gaoerfuqiu
    443 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 12:46 PM

Re-supporting my idea of playing lessons ...

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 1:14 PM

SMC1967:
    Buying a new golden putter will help alot after you get the putting down

I played with starter clubs for three month's, and couldn't get my average under 70. Master can be achieved with starter clubs. I would suggest upgrading your clubs, and improve your game immensely.

Play well.

• casperspal
    18 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 1:49 PM

SMC, can u elaborate a little on the use a marking the bottom of the screen like a ruler? Thank you

• casperspal
    18 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 1:52 PM

Hey bro, once i purchased a new putter and learned to click at an offset point before or after the center mark instead of moving the marker to account for the break it became a lot easier

• SMC1967
    41 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 3:18 PM
    take a piece of paper and tape it to ur screen. place marks on the papper to make 10ft 20ft puts. I use the marking on my IE explore.. and two open windows to line marking on my screen. Im not explaining this.. yes cutting and pulling putts onto the line is another way of making puts.
  • Possmguts
    30 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 5:08 PM

Thanks SMC, I'll give it a try.

I can't land the dang ball near the hole so I can putt in in 1 or 2, and It's not the long putts that are getting me, I get close and then screw up. I have trouble with 4 to 5 footers... go figure. I can crack a 30ft or even a more put within a few feet and then I have 2 more from there, but if I could just land closer I would be fine.

Like some of you have said.... the starter clubs dont help, but I'm working on the credits for that.

I crashed my average today and yesterday because I'm trying too hard... anyone have a suggestion on how you all keep calm and not smash your computers while playing would be great.... (other than keep practicing, because I'm doing that)

Its addicting isn't it?

• SMC1967
    41 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 7:21 PM
    take a hole and put it bac in forth, like a pratice green.. The short putts become much easier going forward, starter putter or not.. you just need a scale to go by and half the heat is off knowing the distance. once you have a visual scale putting becomes eaier.. but how these guy one put every green still blows me away.. I say they use a macro script.. butt, hey thats just me..
  • duffer66
    700 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 8:45 PM

As far as getting aggrevated goes this is what I do. When I get disgusted I leave the game alone for 10 or 15 minutes get my composure back and thencome back and play, it really helps. Sometimes a cold beer break also works.

RSS