Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Laggy Swing Meter

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 4 2009 11:43 AM (7 replies)
  • geeDub
    41 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2009 10:46 AM

So,  I had to get a new computer for the business.  Even with the new 27" iMac with tons of RAM and SPEED!....and super hi-speed comcast cable.....I'm still getting and hearing from others that the swing meter STILL jerks, skips, lags,  stops,  etc.   What's going on? 

TYVM,

G.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2009 11:17 AM

Hi geeDub, RAM and speed make up only one aspect of game performance. It also matters what programs you're running, your internet connection, etc. Please check here for the optimization recommendations: http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/635/2552.aspx

Also, if you are playing from a browser that has never loaded the game, initial performance will be slower until it has cached the game's large assets. After playing a few rounds it should be smoother.

• Msatin72
    2 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2009 12:34 PM

This is my issue as well. Same new iMac, 27inch, but the swing meter performance with the magic mouse is not in sync.  There is definitely a lag between the click and the meter stopping.  Any help would be great.

• geeDub
    41 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2009 12:51 PM

Hi Msatin72.   Mice is not an issue.  I have a gaming mouse....wired straight in and still get the dreaded lag.  

Btw,  thanks WGT for the reply....albeit the standard office issue.....you need to know I've already have done everything in the suggested page....including the whole cutting back on Flash and other settings within the format.  (which I think is a very tacky "fix" ) .  Also,  I've spoken with masters that hold high 50s to low 60s ratings that get this lag a lot of the time as well.   This is not a new issue.  I've paid out approximately 80 dollars so far for this game and continue to pump in money for balls on an ongoing basis.  In my Friends list alone if they did the same ...that's about 16 grand in revenue.  We'd really like more effort to be spent on smoother Flash delivery.......please? 

Btw,  does anybody know how many registered players there are on here?

Another btw,  it's the best golf game I've played.  But,  I will complain about it as long as this issue persists.   Thanks for your time.

~G.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2009 2:42 PM

Hi geedub, we will follow up with you via email.

• jimjam114
    68 Posts
    Thu, Dec 3 2009 11:03 PM

why email if theres a fix wed all like to know or is he on to something with the $16000 in revinue i bet the latter of the two ive done all the suggestions and then some this game has gotten worse since update 2days ago

frustrated jimjam114

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 10:39 AM

Hi jimjam, sometimes it's easier to take a discussion offline if there are specifics about an issue we need to discuss. You can email us too about your issues and we can try to help. When you say the game has "gotten worse", that is not very helpful.

• electric32
    5 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 11:43 AM

Take this off line  your swing meter s**ks. I'm loosing 5 to 10 strokes a round due to this 'lag' nonsense.  Fix the swing meter!

RSS