Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New Player - Putting

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 30 2009 12:27 PM (2 replies)
  • Floppers
    2 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 12:06 PM

Hello all, and thanks for your advice. I just began playing WGT with a few co-workers and I am having a blast! However, noNE of us can figure out how to putt with any sort of consistency. Here are my basic questions:

Does the game automatically pick a putting line for you? I notice it always starts the arrow on the cup, but I am not sure if that is a straight putt for my golfer or a putting line the computer determines for you. Sometimes I am trying to adjust for the break (few balls outside the cup etc) but it seems like the putt is already setting the putt along a break line a few balls outside. This makes me miss horribly and I can't figure out the mechanics.

Put differently, sometimes the putt has an obvious left to right break, but when I putt using the arrow in the center of the cup, it goes straight in! This makes me think the computer is trying to auto-align you to what it thinks the break is, but makes it hard to determine when and how-much to adjust the arrow.

#2) Secondly, is there a way to make your golfer better? hit further etc etc? Thanks

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 12:22 PM

First, look at the putting tips in the FAQ.

Your putt is not auto aligned. There can be some confusion reading putts from the given view. Always line up your putts from the reverse view. (accessed by hitting the space bar or clicking the 'reverse' button in the lower right of the game screen.

The only way to upgrade your character is to buy clubs with WGT credits. You receive these from advancing tiers,  placing well in tournaments or by buying them (see purchasing credits in the FAQ).

Hope this helps............welcome and have fun.

• Floppers
    2 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 12:27 PM
    thanks! this is very helpful and I will read through the faq (sorry for not seeing this earlier). The reverse view is a great tip as well.
RSS