Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Help a newbie out!

rated by 0 users
Mon, Nov 30 2009 2:26 PM (4 replies)
  • Bev0
    6 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 10:51 PM

Hi all, awesome game, I just started last week and I'm completely addicted, I was wondering what score you have to get to become a master? I'm 66 atm.

Also am I going to struggle off the master tees unless I buy some credits/clubs? Is it worth putting a few in the water to stay pro?! ;)

Cheers Bev0.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 12:35 AM

Try to turn in all your rounds..if you make master before your ready  you might regret it...  the threshold changes all the time  but usually  its around 65.75

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 3:10 AM

If you are wondering about advancing too quickly, like danohi50 said, you might regret it if you do.  So be careful about  posting just your best scores...that causes your scoring average to artificially sore and you can advance before you are ready.  Trust me, Master players are good and you might wish you were back in the Pro tier if you were not prepared. 

Enjoy the Pro tier for a while and get to know this game...it also gives you time to earn credits that don't come as easy in the Master tier.  Be honest, post all your scores and play your best...that way, not only will you be in the tier where you belong, nobody can accuse you of sandbagging.     

To answer your question, you can get a feel for what it is like in the Master tier by playing practice rounds from the Blue Tees.  You can also select green speeds and wind speeds.

Joey   

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 4:44 AM

Danoh and Joey are both correct.

You have to take into account that you lowest scores are from the hack tees. If you enter a tourney as a hack you will compete from those tees until the tourney is over regardless of your current tees.

Play the back nine at Bethpage and then you can decide for yourself if you are ready to move back to the masters tees .

Good luck and have fun.........at the end of the day it's a game.

• Bev0
    6 Posts
    Mon, Nov 30 2009 2:26 PM
    Thanks guys, yeah I played the full 18 at Bethpage a couple of times and got something like +8 so I might give it another go and stay pro for just a big longer, I'm still learning the basics so it's probably the best way to go.
RSS