Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Clarify tier requirements

Tue, Aug 9 2022 11:08 AM (22 replies)
  • RLSinOP
    221 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 8:02 AM

I have an update on tier advancement.  I was a TL with the required number of Ranked Rounds to advance (minimum of 750 at TL tier).  My Average was 56.7'ish and then started dropping dramatically meaning that my Average was saturated.  But I had not advanced to Champion tier.  The first time my average went below 56.0, I advanced.

It seems that the threshnold to Champion tier has been changed from below 59 to below 56.  It would be very (VERY) conicedential if that weren't the case.

RLSinOP 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 8:37 AM

RLSinOP:
    The first time my average went below 56.0, I advanced.

It seems that the threshnold to Champion tier has been changed from below 59 to below 56.

While the thresholds are precisely on the number's head, equal to or lower than 56.000 looks like a logical conclusion from your telling, taking the description of the saturation moment into account.

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Aug 9 2022 11:08 AM

RLSinOP:
    It seems that the threshnold to Champion tier has been changed from below 59 to below 56. 

that would possibly need to be a very recent change. I don't believe my average ever dipped that low before being promoted to champion tier - my average was more in line with the normally expected average and RR requirement.  after doing some digging my average was 57.54 when promoted so I do not believe the 56 is accurate, just my take on it.

- I suspect if players are playing a wide range of events and end up getting their average much lower than the typical scoring average when hitting the RR requirement it can give some misleading data points.  

the key difference between hitting saturation and already having an average below the requirement means you will be automatically promoted whereas someone above the required average will have to lower their average to that point.

this has been complicated with players active in coin rooms - because there have also been promotions based on a combination of factors that have not been completely sorted out.  

FWIW - when I was promoted - I had projected I had 3 RR remaining which is pretty darn close considering wgt average rounds off the average at a couple decimal points - creating a margin of error unless you grab and track the data more precisely.

RSS