Forums

Help › Forums

Re: putting

Fri, Dec 11 2009 3:20 PM (6 replies)
  • WAYTH
    1 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 3:50 PM

Trying to make a 2.4ft, 1.2ft, etc. length putt on a 30 ft scale is ridiculous. The scale should be able to be reduced to a 15 ft or 10 ft scale for short putts. I find it very hard on a 30ft scale to hit a .6ft putt short but some how it did it. For the power to even register on a 30 ft scale the ball would have to travel at least .6 ft. (7.2 inches). I know its a "computer" game and this is very cool with the graphics but even the cheap golf games have scales that can be reduced for more accuracy.  Just a suggestion...

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 5:11 PM

Get yourself a redwood..if you cant do that  read nivlacs excellent tutorial on putting distance control>>>>type that into serch, it works magic

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Nov 28 2009 5:43 PM

Yeah, the Redwood putter has a 15ft meter, but in all honestly I still prefer to use the 30; even on the shorties.  You can kinda just ram it in the center without any issues.

Also, the putting guide that danohi50 suggested can be found by clicking 'Putting Tips' under the FAQ section just to the right of this post.  Try checking that out for tips on how to more concisely measure your power.

Good Luck  =)

• SMC1967
    41 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2009 7:00 AM

putting camera angles are clearly trying to mess you up. I dont like how the game is trying to trick you, when it should all be tranparent when on or around the greens.

when putting the camera should be your caddie's view standing behind the ball. like on the reverse veiws.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2009 7:05 AM

It's not so tragic. The best players' putting average is deep below 1.5, so let's not make this game too easy. I believe putting is just fine as it is now: not too easy & not too difficult.

• Tubulcain
    1 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 3:02 PM
    not too difficult? lol
  • Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Fri, Dec 11 2009 3:20 PM

Definitely not too difficult. Right now it's as difficult as it should be, no adjustment necessary.  

RSS