Help › Forums

Re: Diamond Day At The Beach...Denied!

Mon, Jan 18 2010 11:26 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ncviz
    527 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 11:02 AM

Diamond Day At The Beach (9 holes) ACHIEVED... at Bethpage

I concur with the problems at Kiawah Island. Would recommend everyone try this. While it is maddening, you can't believe how hard it is to hit a sand trap sometimes, if you take good notes it will tell you alot about shots you rarely try. At least it did for me.

Ok, I have to work now ;).

• igiveup
    110 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 11:36 AM
    It may have something to do with playing from hard sand.... i.e. the cart part rather than a bunker... for some of the sand lies...
  • ncviz
    527 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2010 3:35 PM

Diamond Day At The Beach (18 holes) ACHIEVED!!!... at Bethpage again

And all I can tell ya from the problems with Kiawah is... the lies aren't the problem I don't think. I've had some count sand saves and some not, meaning type of lie. Example, some 20/25 lies have counted and some not. Seems to be by hole not counting anything there. Now that I'm finished with the award I'll try to look into closer.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2010 9:43 PM

OK did some testing out on Kiawah Front, this is what I found...

#1... 20/25 lie from right bunker, got up and down, the sand save % remained 0%

so didn't calculate it there

#2... 30/40 lie from bunker in front of green, got u/d, the sand save % changed to 100%

so good there

#3... 20/25 lie from far right frontage road, no u/d, but the sand save % remained @ 100%

#4... 30/40 lie from front trap, no u/d, the sand save % changed to 50%

so good there

#5... 15/20 lie in front trap, got u/d, sand save % remained @ 50%

#6... 30/40 from left trap, got u/d, sand save % changed to 67%

so good there

#7... 15/20 lie from left bunker, got u/d, sand save % remained @ 67%

#8... 15/20 lie from right bunker, no u/d, but sand save % remained @ 67%

#9... 40/50 lie, yikes!, from left trap @ green, got u/d!!, and sand save % did change to 75%

so good there

So to summarize, #1, #3, #5, #7, and #8 seem to have problems with at the very least the lies that I stated hitting there. I was actually 6/9=67% but the game calculated 3/4=75%.

Hope that helps.

edit... didn't quite see it right away but the 30/40 and 40/50 lies were good, and the 15/20 and 20/25 were not. That might be the cause there. Would have to get into a different lie on the given hole to find out for sure I suppose.

• SLASHX
    278 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2010 6:09 AM

Ncviz... i couldn't help but think when i read your post that you honestly should be sent some credits by WGT for having done more research into this problem in the last month than they are willing to or at the very least offering your info on the problem when it seems they likely havent even looked into it. Do you guys even employ a programmer at WGT anymore or do you rent one once a month for these "updates"?

There is a HUGE.... HELLO... HUGE multiplay wind issue that was reported months ago to WGT and many times since then that STILL NOTHING has been done about. This award issue isn't quite as serious as the wind issue but it simply shows that they don't seem to be doing a damn thing about any of these issues.

Do us a favor WGT and next time you actually take the time to even make a post in a thread detailing a problem with the game... dont tell us you're "looking into it" just tell us you have no intention of fixing it and to STFU so we wont waste our time anymore reporting these issues to you.

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 8:17 PM

So some  more digging and found some interesting things...

First, had a sand save on #3, 30/40 lie, and didn't show the sand save % change. So 30/40 lies aren't good across the board as I first thought.

Second, on a bit of a separate note, had a sand save calculated on #2 from a 30/40 lie, however it shouldn't have been. 2nd shot in sand, 3rd out, miss 4th, 5th in for par. It appears you have the % tied to par maybe.

And Slash...

This is not a big deal for me, and I sort of enjoy it. I'm an engineering gal so part of me likes to find and break problems now. But really I think all of us should want to help WGT make this a better game, no matter how you feel about the problems they go thru. Trust me I've wanted to have a punching bag with Mr. WGT face on it on more than one occasion. Just kidding really, you know I love ya Mr. W ;), but you get the point. If you don't like the problems be part of the solution, ya know. But thanks for the kind words I know you meant well.

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 9:48 PM

ncviz:

So some  more digging and found some interesting things...

First, had a sand save on #3, 30/40 lie, and didn't show the sand save % change. So 30/40 lies aren't good across the board as I first thought.

Second, on a bit of a separate note, had a sand save calculated on #2 from a 30/40 lie, however it shouldn't have been. 2nd shot in sand, 3rd out, miss 4th, 5th in for par. It appears you have the % tied to par maybe.

And Slash...

This is not a big deal for me, and I sort of enjoy it. I'm an engineering gal so part of me likes to find and break problems now. But really I think all of us should want to help WGT make this a better game, no matter how you feel about the problems they go thru. Trust me I've wanted to have a punching bag with Mr. WGT face on it on more than one occasion. Just kidding really, you know I love ya Mr. W ;), but you get the point. If you don't like the problems be part of the solution, ya know. But thanks for the kind words I know you meant well.

Could it be that some of the sand on Kiawah are considered waste areas and NOT bunkers? That may be why they are not being counted as sand saves.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 10:26 PM

I covered and reported all of this already in the beginning of the thread.

The sand on Kiawah has a different classification than the sand on Bethpage.  My initial entry here documented 14 shots on the back 9 alone and not one of them registered as a sand shot.  Until the sand classification changes on Kiawah and we receive notification from WGT as such, there's no point in bothering with it.  It's just not as high up on the priority list as some other things is all.  It'll get fixed.

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Mon, Jan 18 2010 11:26 PM

SLASHX:

Ncviz... i couldn't help but think when i read your post that you honestly should be sent some credits by WGT for having done more research into this problem in the last month than they are willing to or at the very least offering your info on the problem when it seems they likely havent even looked into it. Do you guys even employ a programmer at WGT anymore or do you rent one once a month for these "updates"?

There is a HUGE.... HELLO... HUGE multiplay wind issue that was reported months ago to WGT and many times since then that STILL NOTHING has been done about. This award issue isn't quite as serious as the wind issue but it simply shows that they don't seem to be doing a damn thing about any of these issues.

Do us a favor WGT and next time you actually take the time to even make a post in a thread detailing a problem with the game... dont tell us you're "looking into it" just tell us you have no intention of fixing it and to STFU so we wont waste our time anymore reporting these issues to you.

Hey Slash love your work thats the funniest post ive read in ages nicely done bro

chippy

• PAGES
RSS