Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Players disconnecting

Sun, Nov 29 2009 1:30 PM (49 replies)
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 10:21 AM

You know, I got my butt handed to me the other day in a match with a guy using a ping driver and all starter clubs otherwise.  Including the starter golf ball.  Some of the golfers I've beaten in match play had all the expensive clubs.  Had I seen their clubs first I might not have played against them. 

Ultimately, I'd rather know at the outset if the other golfer is semi-conversational and might chat just a little bit.  That is what makes a match fun... learning more about the other person:  where they're from, do they play the real game, where they've played... and if the humongous servings they ate at Thanksgiving dinner are making their mouse finger sluggish.

• MikhaelYackson
    2 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 10:30 AM

AlaCowboy:

Maybe a small deposit ... in multi-player rounds refunded to each after completion of the round. Anyone that drops out would forfeit their deposit to be split among the finishers and WGT.

This is the by far the most logical idea. 2 credits is too cheap tho. I would say 5 per 9 holes would be more appropriate. Also, getting a bit off-topic (sue me), how about the ability to wager credits during multiplay. Either impulsively, like after listening to an opponent razz your last shot, you could tell him/her to put their money where their mouth is....Another betting mode could be in a skins-like format, with incremental increases in the per hole prize and holes tied have their prize added to the subsequent hole. Each player would have to put in a portion of the credits (e.g. in a 4 player match, each player would buy in for 1/4 the total payout...

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 11:19 AM

MikhaelYackson:
    . Either impulsively, like after listening to an opponent razz your last shot, you could tell him/her to put their money where their mouth is....Another betting mode could be in a skins-like format, with incremental increases in the per hole prize and holes tied h

Las Vegas at the WGT 

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 11:21 AM

Doublemochaman:
    Ultimately, I'd rather know at the outset if the other golfer is semi-conversational and

try twiiter 

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 11:25 AM

WGTadmin2:
    , but it might decrease the number of quit rounds.

Yes, it would. The problem is you have sandbaggers on both sides, some sandbagging with a high average, some with a low score, so average tells you absolutely nothing, but knowing the clubs they use tells you a lot. You see a 82 avg pro with all upgrades and a pretty color ball, and you know he/she is a sandbagger. Too much ego going on, and hard to figure out who is real and who has an ego so big, that he/she will do anything to win.

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 11:54 AM

IMO upgrades dont guarantee a win against a good player. Best way to see a players potential is look at their best 18 hole score. Oh and I like a bit of banter in my chatbox - makes the game fun.

• naughty1
    104 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 12:31 PM

Spacklero:
    MO upgrades dont guarantee a win against a good player

Cannot get a guarantee on almost anything, but if WGT is listening---It should be that Am status is for players who do not have upgrade clubs, pro status and master status should be for those who achieve that status with upgrades.  Stroke play should be like match in this respect. You can see match wins and losses, you should see stroke wins and losses. Since I have played match, very few quitters, when I play stroke, lucky to get to the 5th hole before they quit. 1-2 bad shots, and if they are behind, the disconnect sign comes on. At tee off, publish the win loss record and the % of quits. NOW YOU HAVE THE INFO YOU NEED. I am sure not one of us want to look at the stat that says I quit 40% of the time

• jimjam114
    68 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 1:22 PM

jim jam114 just played naughty1 shot 10 or 11 over added 2 shots to a score i spent yesterday lowering point is had a BALL THERE IS NO NEED TO QUIT ITS JUST A GAME PPL

FOR THE RECORD I AGREE WITH NAUGHTY1

JIMJAM114

• jimjam114
    68 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 1:24 PM

NO THEY DONT BUT THEY SURE HELP IVE SHOT PAR AND UNDER WITH STANDARD CLUBS BUT U CANT DO IT COSISTANTLY

JIMJAM114

• jimjam114
    68 Posts
    Sun, Nov 29 2009 1:30 PM

IF THIS IS TRUE THERES GOING TO B A LOT OF RED FACED MASTERS OUT THERE BECAUSE IN MY OPINION THERE THE BIGGEST OFFENDERS

JIM JAM JUST MY 2CENTS

RSS