Help › Forums

Re: Update 9/30

Sat, Oct 3 2020 11:28 AM (88 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2020 7:57 AM

Luckystar5:
    Firstly, our time is worth money,

And it was your choice to spend the time that way.

Luckystar5:
    Secondly, some use credit cards, not everyone uses video credits. And lastly, what's wrong with anyone expecting things be done right ?

And they received the product they paid for which was equipment or balls.

Luckystar5:
    You can defend those in programmers all you want,

I actually never did that. You'd have to point me to a post in which I defended the programmers.

Luckystar5:
    Finally, if you're the type that accepts second rate things, then so be it, but don't look down on those of us that think that you should always try to do your best.

I'm the type of person who looks at a product's history or company's history and then makes an informed buying decision. If they have a history of delivering products or services that are less than stellar and I purchase it, then I'm not surprised when the product or service is less than stellar.

In other words, it's still the buyer's responsibility to be fully informed regarding what they purchase. As you wrote yourself (and made my point for me): "if they made some mistakes, occasionally, that would be different, but it's always BIG mistakes, EVERY time."

In other words, I'm old school as well. I think people should make informed decisions and take responsibility for their own decisions.

See my post above. It also reminds me of the dumb blonde joke:

Bob walked into his favorite sports bar around 10:58 PM. He sat down next to a blonde at the bar and stared up at the TV.

The 11 PM news was coming on. The news crew was covering the story of a man on the ledge of a large building preparing to jump. The blonde looked at Bob and said: "Do you think he'll jump?"

Bob said: "You know, I bet he'll jump."

The blonde replied: "Well, I bet he won't."

Bob placed a $20 bill on the bar and said: "You're on!"

Just as the blonde placed her money on the bar the guy on the ledge did a swan dive off the building, falling to his death. The blonde was very upset, but willingly handed her $20 to Bob.

"Fair's fair.” she said, “Here's your money."

Bob replied, "I can't take your money. I saw this earlier on the 5 PM news, so I knew he would jump."

The blonde replied: "I did, too, but I didn't think he'd do it again."

• Christo69000
    12 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2020 8:03 AM

There is no longer a play button .....so no i can't

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2020 8:23 AM

Christo69000:

There is no longer a play button .....so no i can't

If you're trying to play the flash version and are using the most recent version of Safari, you can't play the game.

Apple recently updated Safari (now v. 14.0) and removed flash support. So, the issue is with Safari and not WGT.

The flash game still plays on Opera, which is an excellent browser. For my main browser, I've been using Opera rather than Safari for about a year now. Overall, I really like it. And while I rarely play the flash version, I found WGT performs very well in Opera. 

https://www.opera.com/computer

• Christo69000
    12 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2020 11:18 AM

Robert you are the man.......I have been hearing flash is going so assumed that was the problem.After a little googling i realized it was a safari issue . Eventually I know i will have to play that terrible version where I can't putt and know one is there .

I had never heard of Opera , i downloaded it and now I can play .

Thanks for the Info 

• JDGHOST
    6,799 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2020 11:26 AM

Christo69000:

I am on a mac I think I am being forced into an early retirement lol ....thanks for reply

Everything still will work for you Christo...I just helped 3 Mac players get set up on old Maxthon Versions for Mac and make the necessary  adjustments to be able to access and play flash games well past  Dec 2020....Just disregard the Version for Windows I suggested and look to Maxthon Version 4.1.3.1000 for Mac... 

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2020 11:28 AM

Christo69000:

I had never heard of Opera , i downloaded it and now I can play .

Thanks for the Info 

I'm happy it worked out for you. You're very welcome.

Fun fact: one used to have to purchase Opera. It wasn't a free browser. I recall selling it in our software section when I worked in the computer department of Circuit City years ago. 

RSS