Forums

Help › Forums

Re: How does a quitter win a match?

Tue, Nov 24 2009 8:19 AM (9 replies)
  • JoelWhite
    101 Posts
    Sat, Nov 21 2009 6:21 PM

I just played the kiawah front 9, stroke play...had 3 players....one quit during hole 3....two of us played on. At the end of the game, it showed the quitter as the winner, with a score of 11. Glitch?

• BrianWhitt
    6 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 7:01 AM

That person continued the game after quitting and thus their score was added.  I've done it only once before; once I realized what happened I haven't done it since (not fair to the other players).

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 7:13 AM

The message at the end of the stroke play multi player round is a bug and should only be present in match play.

• carl2792
    1 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 7:52 AM

Good Morning,  I just joined, updated my clubs and the whole worksbut, Iam ver yyperplexed with these quitters , love the game but we need to b able to play pine hurst and wolf creek also, also I need some clear instruction on how to join the ladder , I think it is called meet and greet.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 7:57 AM

carl2792:

Good Morning,  I just joined, updated my clubs and the whole worksbut, Iam ver yyperplexed with these quitters , love the game but we need to b able to play pine hurst and wolf creek also, also I need some clear instruction on how to join the ladder , I think it is called meet and greet.

The ladder website is not affiliated with WGT.

Any instructions for joining the ladder website will be at the ladder website, and you can also post in the ladder forums with any questions you have regarding the ladder.

• nwharley
    119 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 9:12 AM

here is the link to the ladder main page..much better class of players there...no quitters

as there you are ranked..and if you quit you have to post the loss.

http://www.wgt.agls.org.uk/forums/index.php

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 2:47 PM

To join the ladders site at WGTls.co.uk, just click here:

http://www.wgt.agls.org.uk/forums/ucp.php?mode=register

• alfafa
    2 Posts
    Mon, Nov 23 2009 3:55 PM
    I'm yet to play a round with more than one other player in which at least one hasn't dropped out...maybe some sort of penalty is in order. At least let it affect their average
  • Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 7:29 AM

Universal ranking on the main WGT site would sort it im sure. If you quit a game youd lose the match and down you go - Simple!

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Tue, Nov 24 2009 8:19 AM

Currently there is a bug where the game messages that the player who dropped out wins the match since they have the least amount of stroke.  This message is incorrect and in fact the win for the dropped out player is not recorded and does not affect anyone's stats. Yes, if you drop the stroke play round you lose.

This being said we are also going to implement a solution soon that will enable one to determine which players are the ones who complete rounds.

RSS