Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Floating Flag Sticks at the Oceans Course

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 29 2009 5:27 AM (4 replies)
  • Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Nov 18 2009 3:39 PM

Does anyone else notice the flag sticks floating at Kiawah? They appear to have no bottom. I only see the flag pole from mid way up to the flag, and the holes aren't visible where the flag stick is positioned. It only appears from a mid areial view after the shot lands, and just before the game loads the next location. I've seen this for sometime now.

I thought I would mention this to WGT.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Wed, Nov 18 2009 4:39 PM

Richard,

The floating flagstick is an issue when truning down the quality of flash..The lower the flash quality setting (which helps keep your meter smooth) has a trade off...

Lowest quality mean you won,t see the bottom of the flagstick..turn it to medium (your flash quality) and they will come back..you can reset to low when it isnt important..

Happy playing, and smooth meter speed to you!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Nov 18 2009 6:21 PM

Right on danohi50. Thanks for the help. I knew there had to be legitimate explanation for this issue. I lowered the flash quality to medium a while back, I never noticed the change in the flag sticks until the other day.

I've been reading some other post on operating systems. nivlac wrote an informative post on operating systems. Internet explorer seems to be the worst OS for any game on the net. I may switch to firefox.

Meanwhile, I'm still learning the quirks of this game.

Happy playing to you as well.

Thanks.

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 12:54 AM

Firefox rocks!!

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 5:27 AM

for me firefox does not rock. I had to switch to Google chrome to be able to play even a decent round. Firefox kept freezing up. But it only did it since the latest upgrade. 

RSS