Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Forum Headings hard to decipher

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 27 2019 2:48 PM (4 replies)
  • Gustavius11
    579 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 2:59 PM

I realize that it is my age and eye sight that is at fault, but how many others are affected by this.

As a regular follower of the forums I am getting to the point where i have to get up close to the monitor to read the pale green text used in the subject headings.

It should not be a big exercise to change a font colour and assist those of us with age assisted poor eyesight.

Thank you in anticipation

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 3:50 PM

Gustavius11:

I realize that it is my age and eye sight that is at fault, but how many others are affected by this.

As a regular follower of the forums I am getting to the point where i have to get up close to the monitor to read the pale green text used in the subject headings.

It should not be a big exercise to change a font colour and assist those of us with age assisted poor eyesight.

Thank you in anticipation

Most browsers today have a Zoom feature available. Simply increase the size and you should be good to go.

For example, I use Chrome and due to my personal eyesight, I have my browser setting at 150% which helps me read the Forums a lot easier.

Don

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 4:22 PM

Gustavius11:

It isn't on your end. If you're using Windows, right click on your desktop and select the last choice on the pop-up menu, Personalize.

In the box that pops up, scroll down to where you can see the different themes and I'm sure there's one there that will be a big help. The themes change your whole screen for everywhere so try a few to see what works.

When you're done there you can go to the lower left of the screen and click Display. You can enlarge your view by 25%.   :-)

Signed,

$20 magnifiers-from-the-drug store old guy.  LOL

• ScottHope
    10,107 Posts
    Fri, Dec 27 2019 1:52 AM

magnifying glass

Windows has a magnifier built in.

• To turn it on...
      Windows key & +
    • To turn it off...
      Windows key & Esc
    • To increase the magnification...
      Windows key & +
    • To decrease magnification...
      Windows key & -
    • For fullscreen magnification...
      CTRL & ALT & F
    • For a movable lens...
      CTRL & ALT & L
      The lens size can be adjusted by clicking the options window 'cog', see below. Or by pressing CTRL & ALT & R, which allows you to adjust the width and height of the lens by moving the mouse horizontally and vertically. Switch off the resizing by clicking the left mouse button.
    • For a static window...
      CTRL & ALT & D

Options:
    For other options, click on the taskbar icon when the magnifier is on.
    The lens sizing option is only available when the lens is active. For ease of adjustment of the lens size via the options window, set the magnification to 100% (no magnification).

If you really want to change the colour of the pale green text you might need a browser extension. Let me know if you do.

• Gustavius11
    579 Posts
    Fri, Dec 27 2019 2:48 PM

Thanks Gents,

Will try your suggestions and find something suitable.

I'm sure at least one of them will work for me

Gus

RSS