Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Wedge Inconsistency

Tue, Nov 10 2009 5:51 PM (1 replies)
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2009 2:22 AM

Recently I read some blogs in regards to the trajectory of the Tour W Wedges.  I decided to try one.  Right away I like the club and its response to various lies.  However, what I have notice that the club is inconsistent from round to round.  The club in question is the Tour W pro 64° wedge.  The inconsistency is around the greens.  Flop shots in particular.  These shots should be consistent to within a reasonable amount of error.  Which is not what I am experiencing. These wedges have very high precision associated with them. Thus the expectation of consistency.  Is there a reason why I am experiencing inconsistency from round to round.  I have cleared the cache etc. 

I got rid of the TaylorMade z-satin wedges because of my first impressions of the Ping Tour Wedges.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 5:51 PM

I little venting here but what gives.  Been practicing a flop shot on BPB 5th hole behind the green.  Now, I had a 14 yards to the hole during the 9 hole single play tourney.  The appropriate shot was a flop shot.  Now with the 64° wedge I learned that spin plays an important impact on distance.  So, this shot required no spin and I hit the meter flush what I considered the appropriate power and the ball only goes 8 yards. Now I've hit this shot during practice several times with excellent results.  This was no error on my part. Unfortunately I ended up with a bogey. 

As I said, just venting, but frustration sat in that round.  Four birdies, 2 bogies, just think if I had no bogies that round I would be in the same position as tibbets.  Sorry sir, just trying my best to give everyone some competition.

RSS