Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Getting Started and Known Issues

Tue, Nov 10 2020 11:17 PM (104 replies)
  • dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2020 8:05 PM

saja1970:

Nope can't even touch click on anything the mouse won't even left move from the middle of the screen, but thanks 

What happens if you alt_tab to say the desktop, leaving the game running, does the mouse become active again? Act normal?

Actually something like this happened to me in a game a few years back. I had the DPI set really high, like 12K or something, when I went to play this game the mouse froze. I thought it was frozen. Turns out the game was older and wasn't able to handle newer mice and the high DPI levels. It just wouldn't register mouse movements. I set it back to about 1200 and it was fine.

If you have profiles setup in the mouse control panel for your Logitech, try creating one for the game and set DPI to something like 1200 and polling to 500. Just a thought.

• saja1970
    160 Posts
    Mon, Nov 9 2020 10:20 PM

dedBuNNy:

saja1970:

Nope can't even touch click on anything the mouse won't even left move from the middle of the screen, but thanks 

What happens if you alt_tab to say the desktop, leaving the game running, does the mouse become active again? Act normal?

Actually something like this happened to me in a game a few years back. I had the DPI set really high, like 12K or something, when I went to play this game the mouse froze. I thought it was frozen. Turns out the game was older and wasn't able to handle newer mice and the high DPI levels. It just wouldn't register mouse movements. I set it back to about 1200 and it was fine.

If you have profiles setup in the mouse control panel for your Logitech, try creating one for the game and set DPI to something like 1200 and polling to 500. Just a thought.

Yeah it becomes active again but as soon as I try to go back to the windowed game, I have the same problem, I have to go back Flash version to finish off the game. Then when i come back about 10-15 minutes later it works again, for a little while, no exact time frames, but just when it likes to SH*% itself again.

So from all the comments I have tried an older mouse which is an old wireless mouse but the timing on hitting the ball to it actually responding is almost like flash version with lag, could not hit 1 ding in 9 holes, but that's not game issue it was old age mouse issue.

So I started to get ready for bed as I gave up then a had a realisation that maybe if I switch off the Actual program for the Logitech G502, then maybe it might make a difference. 

At the moment it hasn't caused any issues, and I have played 36 in about 3 hours since doing this and no it seems fine.

Lets hope that it stays that way, or you maybe reading another post from me shortly :)

To all that gave me advice and help, all your advice in some way has helped me, and I appreciate your time and effort.

Thank you  ;)

saja1970

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2020 11:20 AM

I've read where this issue with Logitech software and button assignment can happen in certain games. (I use Razer products, although I still have my old MX518, so not familiar with their software anymore)

Anyway, apparently if you create a new game profile, unassign all the buttons except for the R & L buttons the issue stops, least in the forum posts I've read on it with people using the 502.

Just a final thing to try, so you can keep the software running instead of having to fire it up again.

• saja1970
    160 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2020 11:07 PM

saja1970:

dedBuNNy:

saja1970:

Yeah it becomes active again but as soon as I try to go back to the windowed game, I have the same problem, I have to go back Flash version to finish off the game. Then when i come back about 10-15 minutes later it works again, for a little while, no exact time frames, but just when it likes to SH*% itself again.

So from all the comments I have tried an older mouse which is an old wireless mouse but the timing on hitting the ball to it actually responding is almost like flash version with lag, could not hit 1 ding in 9 holes, but that's not game issue it was old age mouse issue.

So I started to get ready for bed as I gave up then a had a realisation that maybe if I switch off the Actual program for the Logitech G502, then maybe it might make a difference. 

At the moment it hasn't caused any issues, and I have played 36 in about 3 hours since doing this and no it seems fine.

Lets hope that it stays that way, or you maybe reading another post from me shortly :)

To all that gave me advice and help, all your advice in some way has helped me, and I appreciate your time and effort.

Thank you  ;)

saja1970

Well that didn't last long, was in a game when I was -4 with 3 holes to play up against someone that was +1, then hey presto, it all when to ***, with my mouse plugged in the 1995 old wireless and that too had problems, but I could hit the windows key to tab out and then go and take 1 shot and do it all again every shot till I finished and one.

Really frustrating don't no what else to do, apart from go and purchase another mouse - any ideas on what mouse would be best, with good click speed, not like this wireless one that every time I hit the button, it seems like it's gone on a dinner break,  can never hit the ding with it.

Anyone know if WGT is looking at this issue? or if a fix will be implemented?

Does this happen on the steam version as well? if not might leave WGT and try going on there as this is killing my game, as timer constantly running down while I try to sort out how to fix it between shots.

Thanks all,

Saja1970

• saja1970
    160 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2020 11:17 PM

dedBuNNy:

I've read where this issue with Logitech software and button assignment can happen in certain games. (I use Razer products, although I still have my old MX518, so not familiar with their software anymore)

Anyway, apparently if you create a new game profile, unassign all the buttons except for the R & L buttons the issue stops, least in the forum posts I've read on it with people using the 502.

Just a final thing to try, so you can keep the software running instead of having to fire it up again.

Sorry I think I'm a little confused or just thick LMFAO. R & L buttons ( right and left) Guessing that is L&R click buttons? shoot and ads button if I was playing FPS.

Just set it up now so hopefully you have hit the ball on the head, only buttons left and right button trigger are assigned.

Thanks Debunny

I'll give it a shot.

Saja1970

RSS