rated by 0 users
Sat, May 11 2019 2:04 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2018 10:26 AM

Tightrope:

That is hardly the issue here, is it?

Well technically it is. Had you checked your bag before the round and purchased balls, nothing that followed would have taken place. The other posters have given useful advice so you have that going for you. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 31 2018 12:05 PM

CerinoDevoti:
    Had you checked your bag before the round and purchased balls, nothing that followed would have taken place.

Meh, if he's anything like me he waits until WGT reminds him. The only difference here is I've done what he did but only once! Now he knows.  :-)

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, May 10 2019 7:25 PM

I suppose this may be the same/similar bug I encountered today.  I was playing a tedious practice round trying out two very different methods of calculating a required/equivalent distance for the given wind and elevation.  I was taking alot of mulligans playing different kinds of shots and recording the shot data and the results (so I can sort them later and look for trends).  I had played through 7 holes when I hit the last shot on the last ball (3rd of the round) and got the question about buying the same ball or using the starters.  

I selected "buy" and got a message like "Oops, something went wrong - go directly to the Pro Shop to make this purchase".  When the message closed, I had the little red marker by the ball - which I clicked and again got the offer to buy the balls.  Did that and got the same Oops.

I wish I had remembered this thread then - but I did not.  I thought - well I guess I can try the Pro Shop - so I did.  After buying the sleeve I clicked the button to show Equipment and then got a confusing pop-up in the gameclient. 

It said something to the effect of "If you follow the link, the game will end.  Do you want to continue?"  Yes/No?

Did that mean continue the game or continue following the link???  Apparently it meant following the link because the game ended when I clicked yes (the usual message with a game interruption means continue the game or tournament).  

Oh well, I got kicked out of a useful practice session by a confusing pop-up.  

Par for the course.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Sat, May 11 2019 2:04 AM

YankeeJim:

Meh, if he's anything like me he waits until WGT reminds him. The only difference here is I've done what he did but only once! Now he knows.  :-)

Indeed, going through the shop is a hassle. Normally I would have tried only once, but as I said, the chain of events was very strange and I really wanted that score and that for a very special reason so instead I tried by closing all other things running. 

But this is the thing, and maybe I should have reported it earlier, I did contact WGT and they gave me a complete refund for all of the balls. Without questions asked. 

So thumbs up for WGT

• PAGES
RSS