Help › Forums

Re: So there I was.........

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 24 2011 5:33 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • TallAcePaul
    1,455 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2011 4:08 PM

So I am on my own now, just me against the wind and deviations, got plenty of conversation for one though. An 8 on the 1st hole got some work to do.

Second tee. Wind straight at me. Ding. Where’s that going, that bloody wind was straight at me but the balls veered off left into the rough. Wind seems to be coming from a different direction now!!!! Right 30/40 fescue; give this a smack with a punch. Ding, it comes out good and slightly left. Keep going keep going I shout to the hamster (he gets back in his wheel).

The ball approaches the green, it’s on and still going, the flag is at the back, the ball gets to the top of the last slope and starts rolling and curling towards the hole, it’s going to be close, it’s in. F*ck a duck my first ever eagle on the hole. My avatar turns round and looks at me, gives me a wink and then proceeds to run down the middle of the fairway. He runs onto the green and up to the hole, picks up the ball and then starts running to the sand dunes and onto the beach, discarding clothes as he goes.

I scream at the screen, ‘Give me my f*cking ball back you b*stard, that’s a Callaway, and those trousers cost me a small fortune, you make sure you get them dry cleaned’

Going to need to sit down and have a rest before taking on the third, first 2 holes have taken half an hour.

• swannyxx
    303 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2011 4:23 PM

lvietri:

..... on the 1st tee box at St Andrews, there was a 20mph tailwind and I started the round with my last callaway ball.

And the guy I was playing with ... quit !!!

LMAO

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2011 6:56 PM

I'm on the third tee with a 73 mph tailwind ...what to do...I take out my trusty 64% give the ball a smack and .............................

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 5:33 AM

Crap!!!....another late click .....

• PAGES
RSS