Wed, Nov 11 2009 6:49 PM (24 replies)
  • jeff26
    97 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 8:34 PM

a range would be an amazing addition.

• BigBear2771
    9 Posts
    Thu, Oct 1 2009 9:25 PM

I think any driving range should include flags of varying distances on mock greens that are raised, but not to much. Perhaps a few trees. And a guy in the ball collection cart for target practice. Not sure about range balls. They would differ in performance from whatever the hitter uses on the course and we don't want to use our own, save for the ones that don't wear out.

• AndyJK
    11 Posts
    Fri, Oct 2 2009 5:05 AM

A driving range is wise. Perhaps a format in where you can hit 10 balls at time, then after the balls are hit the camera shows you which shot ended up where/how long via a map or graph. I think thats the best way to incorporate a driving range - which does seem simple in theory, but perhaps isn't.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Nov 10 2009 12:11 PM

Shot tracking would be a cool touch on the range. Most ranges are for testing irons, and wedge distances. There definitely needs to be, bunkers, greens with flags with the greens being at, 90, 125, 160 yards, or there about, and putting greens with plenty of undulation. 

The range balls can be WGT starters (unlimited), with the option to buy WGT pro shop balls in any make, and in a variety of sized buckets. Giving that driving range feel.

Small bucket: 30 balls, ? Cr

Medium bucket: 75 balls, ? Cr

Large bucket: 120 balls, ? Cr

Everyone gets the idea.

Has WGT began any work on this endeavor? Keep us posted.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Nov 11 2009 6:49 PM

In planning the practice green, maybe the player could do different things instead of just putting back and forth.

Phil Mickelson makes a circle with, like 8 to 10 balls and putts them consecutively around the circle to the hole. Maybe make different shapes, and what not.

Just ideas to make it the best it can be. Good luck WGT. I can't wait to see what you guys, and gals come up with.

RSS