Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Flag

Mon, Nov 27 2017 10:38 PM (6 replies)
  • KSparx
    22 Posts
    Sat, Nov 25 2017 9:54 AM

The only suggestion I wish for would be relocating the flag icon (for pulling the flag out) to a place that's easier / faster to get to. And maybe size it a little bigger. It's kind of hard to get to it before your ball does as it's heading for the hole after a shot. Makes for some funny scrambling though!

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Sat, Nov 25 2017 2:16 PM

Did you know that the shot's outcome is determined in the split second after the club hits the ball?

That means that any action on the flag is void while the ball flies.

IOW: It's irrelevant what you do to the flag in that situation!

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sat, Nov 25 2017 10:32 PM
    +1 You have to pull the flag before the shot. Trying to pull it after the shot has been struck won't work.
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Nov 25 2017 11:47 PM

Yeah, A lot of players pull the flag before they hit the shot and then replace it in the air.

• KSparx
    22 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2017 5:00 PM

So if I hit a shot from off the green that is going to hit the stick, but go up to the flag icon and pull it before the ball gets there, it will still "hit the flagstick"? If so, I did not know that.

Thinking about the times going for the icon in panic mode, having the ball sail by just missing the hole, and putting the flag back in before the ball stops rolling...lol.

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Sun, Nov 26 2017 11:18 PM

KSparx:
    So if I hit a shot from off the green that is going to hit the stick, but go up to the flag icon and pull it before the ball gets there, it will still "hit the flagstick"?
    Yes it will!

The hit is implemented when the shot is calculated 'til the new ball position - at the moment of your click or tap on the meter.

• KSparx
    22 Posts
    Mon, Nov 27 2017 10:38 PM

Thanks for the info. Learn something new everyday!

RSS