Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Lip Outs?

Tue, Oct 24 2017 11:33 PM (7 replies)
  • KSparx
    22 Posts
    Tue, Oct 24 2017 3:21 AM
    Is there any record kept for number of lip-outs on a single hole? This gets a little unreal sometimes! lol
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Oct 24 2017 1:40 PM
    I usually just hit them firmer. When I start lipping out a lot, its usually because I'm finessing it.
  • borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Tue, Oct 24 2017 2:05 PM
    DonCaron:
    I usually just hit them firmer. When I start lipping out a lot, its usually because I'm finessing it.
    I'm just the opposite I lip out most when I hit it too firm not giving it enough time to break.
  • dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Tue, Oct 24 2017 4:50 PM
    borntobesting:
    I'm just the opposite I lip out most when I hit it too firm not giving it enough time to break.
    I would suggest NOT hitting them so firm which, in turn, would allow them enough time to break. :)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 24 2017 5:17 PM
    borntobesting:
    I lip out most when I hit it too firm not giving it enough time to break.
    Exactly what causes most lip outs. The side door to the cup closes as does your margin of error. Speed is essential. Get that right and a lot of aim problems are solved because the cup gets wider, side doors open. :-)
  • K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Tue, Oct 24 2017 9:20 PM
    borntobesting:
    DonCaron:
    Ditto that. And if you miss, it's a shorter putt back.
  • bg444out
    345 Posts
    Tue, Oct 24 2017 11:11 PM
    BUMP
  • KSparx
    22 Posts
    Tue, Oct 24 2017 11:33 PM
    A little-gun shy on hitting it firmer after a 3' or 4' putt orbits the cup, then seems to slingshot out leaving another putt of 7' or 8' back to the hole. lol (Probably more of a problem with the putt-ee than the putt-er).
RSS