Forums

Help › Forums

Re: "Reconnect" instead of forfeits

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 20 2017 4:01 AM (4 replies)
  • QuotaRelief
    100 Posts
    Thu, Oct 19 2017 7:31 AM

I know there has been lots of discussions on players forfeiting.  I've noticed on several occasions, where I go to the last hole - sometimes down to the last shot - and all of the sudden the player can't reconnect.  Frankly it's getting old.  Just played a 3 hole match where I was up one going into last hole.  Hit a stiff shot from fairway about a foot away left for birdie.  Opponent was already lying 2 and not on green.  So no way for him to win - and sure enough here comes the reconnect mode.

This has happened too any times to believe it's just bad luck.  I guess players must disable their wi-fi rather than just forfeiting.  Either way it's annoying as hell and poor form.  Is there some advantage for the player to do this?  

Frankly I wish there was a way to message these players and call them out on it.  Should also be some ability to flag a player - so that if it happens repeatedly there is some way to restrict a players access to matches. While I understand there are legitimate reasons to have to forfeit - would almost guarantee there are true losers who do this routinely (for whatever benefit perceived or otherwise).

• Dave33200
    2,936 Posts
    Thu, Oct 19 2017 12:53 PM
    You can post on their wall, if you wish too.
  • QuotaRelief
    100 Posts
    Thu, Oct 19 2017 1:06 PM

Okay - so before I can even get reply 1 - same thing happens again.  Just played a match with some Piggy guy from the U.K.   It was a good match, both playing well.  I'm up one on the last hole, lying 2, 4 feet from birdie.  He's lying 2, 20 feet from birdie.  He leaves himself a 3.5 footer for par.  I missed my birdie putt, (a nasty slider) so I'm disgusted thinking I blew chance to win.  He then proceeds to miss his putt.  Well once again, we go in disconnect mode.

This is such Bull Chit - I so wanted to reach out and blast this guy.  Why, why, why do people do this?  And if I'm not mistaken, although I "win" the game, I don't see the XP points I would from beating a higher level player.  This guys was a level 69 tour pro - so it's not like the newbies are doing this.  I think it sucks big time and it's taking away from the enjoyment of this game.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Oct 19 2017 4:07 PM
    Your better off belonging to a country club. I have never known quiters in your own country club. Actually that one of great things about it, you get to know these people and you play against them in club tournaments. If you play with someone you don't know, there is a chance of getting a jerk.
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2017 4:01 AM
    +1 Don.

WGT has proven that they will do nothing about this issue. There should be a big sign saying "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here" when you set up one of these games.

RSS