Forums

Help › Forums

Re: no credits given for tournament win

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 10 2017 3:44 AM (4 replies)
  • jhg352
    16 Posts
    Mon, Oct 9 2017 12:50 PM
    Dear WGT I recently competed in this tournament and reached semi finals,and completed my round. 9 Hole Tierless Bracket Free - 453994. the tournament guide indicated winners - top four - would receive credit awards then I got this message which is totally contradictory, and did not get any credits Congratulations! You've earned WGT Credits for your finish in 9 Hole Tierless Bracket Free - 453994. WGT Credits Won: 00.00 cr Why Not? JHG352
  • WGTUniverse
    94 Posts
    Mon, Oct 9 2017 4:35 PM
    jhg352:
    Dear WGT I recently competed in this tournament and reached semi finals,and completed my round. 9 Hole Tierless Bracket Free - 453994. the tournament guide indicated winners - top four - would receive credit awards then I got this message which is totally contradictory, and did not get any credits Congratulations! You've earned WGT Credits for your finish in 9 Hole Tierless Bracket Free - 453994. WGT Credits Won: 00.00 cr Why Not? JHG352
    Reach out to WGT Members Services and they will help you
  • alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Mon, Oct 9 2017 9:50 PM
    Methinks that a free tournament like
    jhg352:
    9 Hole Tierless Bracket Free
    would not pay out, thus the 0,00 cr message would be correct, if not superfluous.

Payout comes when players pay for entry.
  • callaghan159
    6,233 Posts
    Tue, Oct 10 2017 3:44 AM
    alosso:
    Methinks that a free tournament like
    jhg352:
    9 Hole Tierless Bracket Free
    would not pay out, thus the 0,00 cr message would be correct, if not superfluous.

Payout comes when players pay for entry.
    There is lots of WGT stroke play tournaments that are free to enter and pay credits to the top finishers.
  • HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Oct 10 2017 6:06 AM
    The free bracket tournaments that WGT offers do not have purses that WGT funds. The free stroke play tournaments do have WGT funded purses. Most likely this is because of the limited number of openings in a bracket tournament when compared to the unlimited openings in a stroke tournament. After all, WGT would be paying out huge amounts to winners of brackets when compared to the winnings provided for stroke tournaments. When you win a free bracket tournament all you can expect is a firm handshake and an "attaboy".
RSS