Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Can't message or post from iPad

Tue, Oct 3 2017 10:15 AM (4 replies)
  • AlaskanDame
    19,039 Posts
    Mon, Oct 2 2017 11:08 PM
    Sent this to Customer Services: "I know you've heard already alot about posting problems on the PC/laptop platform. But do you know that I can neither send nor reply to any messages or Forum posts on my iPad? Since I'm going on vacation soon and will have ONLY an iPad, this will be a real problem since I am one of the main networkers in my country club, having just finished a special tournament that needs messages to wrap up the prize-giving. I pride myself in responding quickly to members' messages, whether they appear in the Club Forum or in my private messages --- even while on vacation --- but I won't be able to do so in either venue for several weeks if you don't fix this. The members will think I'm ignoring them. So, please (!) make sure the programmers know of the problems on mobile, too. Thanks. AKD"
  • borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Tue, Oct 3 2017 2:24 AM
    AlaskanDame:
    The members will think I'm ignoring them.
    You might send your members a message from your PC before you leave on vacation so at least they will know why you aren't responding to their messages.
  • AussieMick11
    1,275 Posts
    Tue, Oct 3 2017 7:08 AM
    Hi AKD. I'm able to post and pm from my mobile device. I use Chrome on Android but I just tested from my iPad Mini and I can also post to forums and reply to pm's using Chrome for iOS (I don't use Safari). You could try clearing the cache on the browser you are using or try using Chrome. I hope that helps mate. Good luck, and have a great vacation!
  • AlaskanDame
    19,039 Posts
    Tue, Oct 3 2017 9:32 AM
    Thanks, guys. My "all-member" messages reach maybe 30% of my club (some missed because they won't set their settings to receive them and some missed through wgt glitches). I have posted in the Forum about my situation, which reaches a few more not already reached with the AMM. As for using Chrome on an iPad, didn't know that was possible. Aren't I stuck with Safari and Apple's restrictions to that? Have generation 2 iPad, not a mini.
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Oct 3 2017 10:15 AM
    You can also use the message board on your homepage. To inform members of message problems
RSS