Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Ability to exclude recruits from club tournys

rated by 0 users
Tue, Aug 22 2017 5:31 PM (7 replies)
  • pcolapat
    26 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2017 3:58 PM

I have had issues where people join, play in the tournament and then leave the club. The tourny still pays them out even if they are no longer in the club. If i could limit the participation in tournaments to member and above this would not happen. It seems to me that players are joining clubs looking for tournaments and then leaving after playing in them. Give club owners a way to stop this.

• twinponds169
    3,019 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2017 4:31 PM

+1

This "should be" a fairly simple adjustment for WGT to add to clubs Create A Tournament page.

I see what happened in your Beth tournament. My only suggestion as things stand now is to set them up for more than one round. Make the first round 5 days, gives your true members plenty of time to join and up the ante and discourages carpetbaggers from their "take the money and run" game. I try to look at a new members recent score history as soon as I can if they are tour master or above. If I see they have been in tournaments in several different clubs over the prior few days or week then they just get the boot immediately.

Your suggested solution seems easy and adequate but don't hold your breath for WGT to act on it.

Good luck!

• twinponds169
    3,019 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2017 8:15 PM

Hey pco

In this particular case your offender is  a multi accounter on a restart trip, so just report him to WGT, explain to them the credits taken from you and ask that they be refunded. This is obviously the same guy , he took second and third place in your tournament with different accounts. Nobody joins WGT and immediately goes straight to 100 credit ready go's and then has a 50% one putt average on Pebble, Oly and Erin, on champion and tournament greens, LOL. Nobody. Not unless you've been here before.

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2017 9:56 PM

pcolapat:
    I have had issues where people join, play in the tournament and then leave the club.

User's workaround: Don't accept new members while a credit tournament runs. Let him wait and explain why.

• twinponds169
    3,019 Posts
    Tue, Aug 22 2017 8:15 AM

Alosso is spot on with this workaround. Back in April we had our annual Club Masters which saw our directors and other top players contribute 20K in credits to tiered events. We closed the club to new members for the duration of the tournaments and had no issues. We explained to those who requested membership during that time why we were closed and actually had a few of them wait and join us afterwards.

RSS