Forums

Help › Forums

Re: On-Screen Ruler - advice sought

Mon, Aug 21 2017 10:30 PM (8 replies)
  • Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2017 12:30 PM

This is subjective, I realise, but can anyone point me to the best on-screen ruler? And it can't be browser biased.

I have looked at loads and tried a couple - one was fabulous for 7 days then wanted $30 to let me keep using it, and the latest one is really good, but only comes in pixels - no option to change the scale to cms (although working on three different screen sizes, that might not be such a bad thing).

Any pointers would be most appreciated.

~Phil

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2017 1:17 PM

Young46 has tons of howto's and help available on his youtube channel. His ruler is one of them.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-wx_V8m2Ow

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2017 1:44 PM

a piece of transparent tape applied to the bottom of your screen frame that is marked the same length as your swing zone bar.  mark it every half, then half again until you have reached a point that you can use as the correct measurement to judge your aiming point.

then comes the hard part, matching your swing point to connect with your ball at the aiming point you have chosen.  (typically the "ding").  my nickle.

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Sun, Aug 20 2017 1:55 PM

lee22sharon:
    transparent tape

I use post-its. One for every green speed. On the left I have marked 95, 90, 80, and 70. The rest of the note I use for general info, rough, etc. 

:^)

• Essisdaddy
    5,883 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2017 1:08 PM

Actually, the on-screen ruler is for the wind-marker movement for approach shots - I use VGG Caddy (it's no different to wgt's shot/putt meter other than it can be tweaked to individual clubs) for the swing-meter.

I VERY much appreciate the help / advice given here, and when I've checked them out I'll personally thank the individual whose help hits the mark.

Thank you, folks.

~Phil

• MARKDMK
    231 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2017 6:11 PM

I recommend this ruler, very precise and always within your hand reach. 

• HandyMcNab
    58 Posts
    Mon, Aug 21 2017 10:30 PM

Thumbs up to that!

RSS