Forums

Help › Forums

Re: unable to access country club tourneys

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 17 2017 5:16 PM (5 replies)
  • slimjym
    141 Posts
    Wed, Aug 16 2017 8:21 PM

I get emails inviting me to play new country club tournaments, but every time I go to my country club web page, every tournament is marked "Closed to new entries". This has happened with probably 24-30 tournaments I've tried to play in over the course of the past month. I'm new to getting involved with my country club & am wondering if I'm doing something in error, or navigating the web page incorrectly in being unable to play various tournaments? 

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Thu, Aug 17 2017 7:31 AM

That takes you to the page shown below, where you can see the "Brackets" at the far right. While I'm here I'll point out that we also have "Closest To The Hole" that everyone is welcome to enter as well. And for those that rarely enter our CC tourneys, you will see "Stroke Play" on the left.

• slimjym
    141 Posts
    Thu, Aug 17 2017 2:23 PM

Appreciate your help. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but regardless of of whether I click on stroke play, closest-to-hole, or brackets, I don't seem to be able to find anything I can play in, All courses under stroke play state "Closed to new entries", while closest-to-hole & brackets state "no tournament has been created". Can u tell me me what I'm doing wrong? PS I just happen to be in Red Dirt Country Club as well. Thx

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Thu, Aug 17 2017 3:29 PM

slimjym:
    PS I just happen to be in Red Dirt Country Club as well. Thx

I think he knew that.  On that note why not ask in your CC forum? That's where you're having the problem and there are many there that can and will help you with it.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Thu, Aug 17 2017 4:49 PM

slimjym:

Appreciate your help. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but regardless of of whether I click on stroke play, closest-to-hole, or brackets, I don't seem to be able to find anything I can play in, All courses under stroke play state "Closed to new entries", while closest-to-hole & brackets state "no tournament has been created". Can u tell me me what I'm doing wrong? PS I just happen to be in Red Dirt Country Club as well. Thx

The problem might be that the person setting up the tournament is setting it with such a short play time that by the time you find them the time to enter the tournament has expired. AS for the closest to the hole and bracket that simply means there are no open tournaments to enter.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Aug 17 2017 5:16 PM

borntobesting:
    The problem might be that the person setting up the tournament is setting it with such a short play time that by the time you find them the time to enter the tournament has expired.

That's not the problem.

Slim, just speak with WB (PM or CC forum)....He will direct you to all you want.  Cheers

RSS