Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Coin count for ties???

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 18 2017 10:37 AM (8 replies)
  • SYZYGYONE
    5 Posts
    Mon, Jun 19 2017 10:19 PM

In the division progress leaderboard, why doesn't your leadaerboard  coin count go up when you tie and split the purse?

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Tue, Jun 20 2017 7:52 AM

Please,take a minute and think before you post. My question to you is 'Did you win any coins?' Maybe you just got back what you wagered. Nothing lost and nothing gained.

Siders Best

• SYZYGYONE
    5 Posts
    Tue, Jun 20 2017 11:24 AM

Sorry if my post offended your sense of propriety.  I in fact, DO think before I post, having moderated numerous web site forums over the past couple decades.  I searched the forums for a similar question and found none. So, relative to the coin division leader board, here's my thought process.  As far as I can tell, the division leader board does NOT show losses, only gains.  When I lose outright, my total does not go down.  When I win outright, it goes up the amount of the purse.  So, it appears to track only winnings.  But, when you tie, and split the purse, nothing shows up.  Hence the question.

Thank though for your thought.  :)

Syzygyone

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Wed, Jun 21 2017 6:51 AM

No offence, but just as you stated:

"As far as I can tell, the division leader board does NOT show losses, only gains.  When I lose outright, my total does not go down.  When I win outright, it goes up the amount of the purse.  So, it appears to track only winnings.  But, when you tie, and split the purse, nothing shows up."

I think you got it! And the reason why they dont give you credit for ties are because they gave you these coins to play with and created the formatt to play this game. It's set up to keep you coming back for more,but not giving away too much that you think it too easy and get bored. Just my thoughts:))

Siders Best

• Mythanatos
    2,204 Posts
    Wed, Jun 28 2017 7:37 AM

Well the logic behind it isn't consistent.

There are two different systems at play with the coin mobile matches.

Regular Coin Matches that apply to Division

Losses: No change to points.

Ties: you get your bet back but it doesn't count towards points.

Wins: You get points equivalent to total pot minus the vig.

Turf War Scoring

Losses: no effect on points.

Ties: You get your bet back AND this counts as equivalent points for turf war.

Wins: You get points equivalent to total pot minus the vig.

When playing a Turf War game both systems are in play. But for different rankings.

There are some things about it that aren't intuitive but it's their point systems.

Interestingly  if you were a 50% winner. You would show an increase in both scoring systems but actually lose coins due to the vig. 

• Pskraiders
    1 Posts
    Wed, Jun 28 2017 3:06 PM

As you've discovered, inconsistency is the name of the game on WGT.

• SidersBest
    873 Posts
    Thu, Jun 29 2017 1:02 PM

I don't know anything about 'Turf Wars' but I do know that you get everything you wagered back if you tie in the regular divisions. And the so called vig is split among the top 10 coin winners in each division. (write the total coins you had before the match, if you tie look at your total before the next match)

first place gets the lions share,

second place gets half of 1st,

and third gets half of 2nd

and 4th thru 10th gets 1/10 of 1st place

Aren't you guys happy that they don't deduct from you winnings, every wager you loss?Some of you would be in the negative. Just play the games and have some fun.

Siders Best

• Rickybobby046
    5 Posts
    Fri, Nov 17 2017 11:36 AM

Okay I'm sorry if this is off the subject but it's not really when I play stroke play and I play in a amateur room or Pro room after I'm done playing even when I win my coins are deducted why is this does anybody know

• Rickybobby046
    5 Posts
    Sat, Nov 18 2017 10:37 AM

no im completely sure of what i had proir to the matc or i should say matches because it happens almost every match. the only thing i can think of is that im in the master tier and sense i only had enough coin to participate in the paris room that they deduct coins for paying in that room.  other wise i don't understand it. because i win and i have zero coins when i return back to the home screen. it sucks. now i haven't tried playing in the rooms without the sponsor activated. so maybe if i play with no sponsors the game might let me keep my winnings.  and I'm sorry if this is off subject. 

RSS