Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Friends have disappeared

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 7 2009 12:02 PM (8 replies)
  • Script
    621 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2009 6:31 PM

The friends list that shows up on the left side of every page is now blank.  It is possible that I was canceled by everyone, but not very likely.  Any thoughts?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2009 9:04 PM

Unless it has been fixed in the last day or so, the friends' bug is still here.... when someone deletes you from their friends list, they still show up on yours...

don't know why your list would be empty.   Make sure your tab is friends and not Invites, then I would try the usual... clearing all the caches and restarting.

/shrug

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Sep 6 2009 10:09 PM

Script, this is a known bug that has been reported before. You still have all your Friends; you can check that on your own Profile page where you can see all of their avatars as usual, along with the correct Friends number. The bug is that the Friends list in your left-hand panel on webpages fails to load the data and shows 0 Friends & 0 Invitations, although you may have dozens of Friends & even some unanswered Invitations at the moment.

To fix the bug, it's usually enough to launch the game window; this usually "kickstarts" the left-hand panel on webpages, too.

Another, separate Friends bug, is the one mentioned by Snaike. You currently have no way of knowing if someone deleted you from their Friends list, because those people would still remain on your Friends list. This is a bug that WGTalex said will be fixed so that friendships really become mutual at all times, as they should.

• Script
    621 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2009 4:15 AM

So how do I clear caches?  I am using Explorer 7 on a Vista machine and usually call someone when a technical issue arises.  Thanks!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2009 4:37 AM

Have you launched the game window first? Maybe it will not be necessary to clear any caches.

You can clear your Flash cache on this page (click the Delete all sites button). For how to clear cache in Internet Explorer 7, see this page.

• Script
    621 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2009 7:16 AM

Deleting the Flash cache fixed it. 

Thanks Faterson.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2009 9:21 AM

Snaike:
    then I would try the usual... clearing all the caches and restarting.
    ....  lol

you're welcome. 

(j/k)

• Script
    621 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2009 10:31 AM

Sorry snaike, didn't mean to slight you...appreciate all and any help...it was that cache term that threw me and Fats was just slightly,and I do mean slightly, more clear as to what to do.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Mon, Sep 7 2009 12:02 PM

No worries mate... I was only puliing your leg.

Glad you got it all straightened out.

Peace.  =)

RSS