Help › Forums

Re: The Site Police

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 24 2009 8:41 AM (35 replies)
  • BOFFMEN
    337 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2009 10:01 AM

I just spit my coffee all over the screen...lmao

Cook I'll post a comment on your profile page.

• scoresby
    158 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2009 10:05 AM

Yes, your post probably should have gone into Community Help, but actually, this subject has probably earned its own forum heading. 

Seriously, you'll find all the info you need; use search term "quit".

Cheers,

*edit* ninja'd by Boffmen - got to speed up my thought process

• Cookey04
    2 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2009 12:35 PM

Wow.  I really wasn't complaining.  Just looking for some insight on the situation.

Thanks.

• edchavez
    488 Posts
    Sun, Aug 23 2009 3:59 PM

very funny BOFFMEN

1,644 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 6:36 AM

Okay then... back to the topic at hand! 

Boy, I take the weekend off and look at what you guys do!  I always expect to take a little while on Monday morning to catch up on the forum banter, but wow!  Anyways, to address what I've interpreted the OP's question to the populace...

Most of my enjoyment comes from the community and the close circle of individuals that I interact with on a regular basis.  There are people on here that I could truly consider 'friends' outside of the virtual realm.  Adding to the community via the forums only opens the possibility of expanding that circle, albeit I have some very strict standards for that expansion.  On the other hand however, I do have a burning competitive nature that does drive me to try to reach the top in anything that I do.  So you'll find that I seldom share specific information about technique in the public forums, but very often I am completely open to administering my advice in a one-on-one capacity.  I do try to better the community whenever I post to a forum, but I must admit that it is getting harder and harder to filter through what is important to address and what has been said or asked before, sometimes ad nauseam.  Which brings me to the sub-topic of the thread... <insert winky face here>

Let me first, politely decline the nomination of Faterson, thank you for the recognition but between family, work, play(mostly WGT now) and reading these forums, I would be hard pressed to find the time to take on such a responsibility and perform it to the fullest without neglecting any one of the aforementioned responsibilities or activities.  Having said that, I do believe that these forums are in dire need of more structured moderation.  This is my first real 'in-depth' involvement in any type of on-line community and as Nivlac previously stated, everything was great in the beginning.  But as the community has grown it has become more and more cumbersome, and at times frustrating, to filter through all of the repetition that occurs here.  I like to read all posts, I actually make a point of it!  But it is so much harder to do based on the amount of time required to get through it all now.  I find myself breezing though them more nowadays unless something really catches my eye.  But that usually means I will 'breeze' past an individual that really needs help and that I could have helped.  That is unfortunate, because after all the more I contribute to the community, the more I get out of the community and the bigger the circle gets!

Just my thoughts...

• GodAnswers
    38 Posts
    Mon, Aug 24 2009 8:41 AM

O.K.  Goal is to be "pithy."

I like this game because it is challenging, most of the folks in multiplayer are very enjoyable and most importantly....an entire round may be played with a mouse in one hand and a refreshing beverage in the other.!

:)

RSS