Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Inconsistent wind affects

rated by 0 users
Sat, Aug 29 2009 12:10 AM (6 replies)
  • Torvaldr
    3 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2009 10:08 AM

Has anyone else noticed inconsistent wind affects since the "upgrade"? For example. I am on the fairway and have 171 yards to the pin. According to what the game is telling me I have a 12 mile an hour tail wind. I chose a club with a 170 yard range. I hit with full force and right on the money perfect swing. I should actually overshoot the pin, and probably the green entirely. Instead the ball falls 25 yards short.

Other example. I have a 11 mile an hour cross wind coming directly from the left. I hit the ball with a slight hook to the left to compensate. Instead, the wind never pushes the ball at all. In fact it acts as if the wind is coming from the right instead of the left and shoves the ball even further.

Ever since the upgrade the wind affects seem to be completely unreliable and unpredictable to the point that since the upgrade I have been getting more than 10 hits over my normal game.

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2009 10:53 AM

which course/holes did you encounter those situations?

• Torvaldr
    3 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2009 11:10 AM

Kiawah Island. And it has been on all the holes at point or another. I only listed 2 examples because I did not want to make the post too long. I just finished a game on that course and had the same issue come up on about half the holes. If you need me to I can play a few more games and list each instance it happens.

• iconian
    599 Posts
    Tue, Aug 18 2009 3:58 PM

can you list top3 please. specifically what holes. it would really help...:)

• Torvaldr
    3 Posts
    Wed, Aug 19 2009 11:54 AM

Holes 3, 5, 6, and 9 seem to be the worst at the wind affects matching what the information is we are given. For intance, being told I am 158 yards from the pin with a 9 mile an hour tail wind. I choose a club with a 150 yard range. Swing at full strength and hit the "excellent" mark. The ball fell 15 yards short. As if it was a head wind rather than a tail wind.

• 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Tue, Aug 25 2009 12:15 PM

Would the wind effect putting? Yesterday the wind seemed to effect bad shots more. And one putt that barely had any break right at all from about six feet ended up six inches to the right hole high with my spider. The hole where the ocean is visible I believe. I aimed left edge and hit the middle of the shot meter making the ringing noise.

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Sat, Aug 29 2009 12:10 AM

I have also experience unusual wind characteristics on BethPage  Black.

The 11th hole, where the ball ends right of the target line in a right to left cross wind.

Essentially the situation occurs in a right to left cross wind.  You compensate by aiming right of the target.  However, the resultant shot is right of this alignment.

RSS