Help › Forums

Re: Tier Change: Won't Post Score

rated by 0 users
Thu, Aug 13 2009 9:14 AM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 6:21 AM

Results are in, my 31 as a Pro in the week 31 9-hole Front BPB netted me a penny.

My 31 shot in the same tournament while newly ranked as a Master under more difficult conditions got zip but all other Masters who shot 31 earned a dime.

The way WGT tourneys are set up to handle changes in player tiers during the course of a tournament is illogical and it needs to be accounted for in all unlimited play tournaments.  Essentially the tournament score keeping is not in sync with the tournament game playing.  One of two fixes will work.  Either move the player and record any equal or better scores shot in the new tier results or if the player starts the tournament in a lower tier change the game playing to remain in that lower tier for the duration of that tournament.

Said another way, either change the score keeping to record the score under the tier the score was shot or change the game playing to keep the playing conditions at the starting tier level for that specific tournament regardless of the players current tier level.

I'd like to hear from the WGT team on why the tournament scoring is set up illogically.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 7:43 AM

Hi Again,

The current system has been in operation since I think the game started. Thats not to say its the best, or otherwise - however its currently how it is handled. Those are the rules.

The rules are the same for everyone - so lets move on !!  WGT may change things in the future its up to them, for now....thats it.

Again to reiterate my previous point. There is no such thing as Master tier winds. There are 3 levels of winds and they are set up by WGT for the particular tournaments. For the master tier, on that tournament they have decided to make it a bit more interesting and plugged in the strong wind option.  There have been many tournaments with moderate wind conditions - the US Open for instance, was moderate wind conditions all the way through. So - just because you are a master doesnt mean you will play in strong winds every time. I guess the fact that you are a master, suggests that you should be able to handle it anyway ??

Tournament winds are generally moderate or strong, rarely light - if ever.

Cheers Doug

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Aug 7 2009 12:45 PM

Hi Doug!

dorkfeatures:

The rules are the same for everyone - so lets move on !!  WGT may change things in the future its up to them, for now....thats it.

Please don't get excited about this!  What's done is done. I'm merely suggesting WGT take a look at changing it. And asking for a WGT team member to respond.

It happened to at least the 3 members who posted in this thread in one tournament in one week!   Being relatively new here, since July, I searched and found the original two tier system was revised to a 4 tier system in May.  Since members now have 3 potential tier transitions I see the issue occuring more frequently.

dorkfeatures:
    I guess the fact that you are a master, suggests that you should be able to handle it anyway ??

LOL  However the Peter Principle applys here, I have definitely been promoted to my level of incompetence!

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 6:25 AM

I see today's product release contains a bug fix addressing this issue.

"Your wind conditions in tournaments should now reflect the tier you were in when you entered the tournament, not your current tier (if different)."

Thank you WGT Team!

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Thu, Aug 13 2009 9:14 AM

Thanks for helping us find the issue.  Due to the number of inquires we cannot respond to everything but will do read them and address what we can. 

Enjoy

• PAGES
RSS