Forums

Help › Forums

Re: why is there no penalty for not finishing ?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jul 28 2009 10:36 AM (36 replies)
  • Valentina
    20 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 4:04 AM

I have to say i found Tibbets post hilarious...

He talks about "achingly average" players as if he is a real golf pro... and not someone who simply spends more time playing a computer game than other people.

Very funny lad.. keep it up.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 4:31 AM

Now don't you touch Tibbets!    He's indeed an exalted figure in my eyes, despite our frequently contradictory views. I've just published a blog post titled Conversation with Tibbets where you can find another reason why Tibbets truly deserves some admiration, apart from the world of (virtual) golf.

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 5:31 AM

Amen

:)

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 5:57 AM

Faterson, you are definitely a unique character around here.  I think you missed your true calling in litigation, as there are a host of legal types who wouldn't be able to keep up with you!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 6:21 AM

My profession often requires me to translate legal documents where you need to pay attention to the minutest word and every punctuation mark; I'm just trained that way & am sorry if that creates the impression as if I enjoyed quibbling and nitpicking more than anything else (such as playing golf). I don't.  

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sun, Jul 26 2009 6:25 AM

How you go about your business here is fine!  I was only making light of the issue, sorry if that got lost in context.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Jul 28 2009 10:36 AM

What a magnificently enjoyable game this is. I joined a foursome a few minutes ago, birdied hole 1... but am the only person left to advance to hole 2. OK, giving up now, there'll be no golf round for me tonight. I'm just too busy to engage in a single-player game, and setting up a foursome that lasts at least a few holes seems next to impossible, like winning the jackpot in a lottery. (I joined WGT about 2 months ago and have only ever completed 2 or 3 foursome rounds, despite playing virtually nothing but multi-player and always waiting for 4 people to join when acting as game host.)

This post ain't whining  It's meant to illustrate how exacerbated the quitters issue has become and that something should be done about it, despite the gleefully flegmatic advice from most of the elite players here, telling us just to ignore it.  

RSS