Forums

Help › Forums

Re: YESS !!!! I AM A MASTER.....

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 25 2010 5:49 AM (29 replies)
  • DantheMan5555
    1 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 7:17 PM

Hi..can you help?Is there a tech email link?i havepurchased topflight balls but it will not

let me put them in play???

Dan

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 7:44 PM

Bethpage Black Front 9 hole # 6 329 yards

338 yards on the same hole, check my stats!!!

349 on the same hole......Best hole to get a long drive.....

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 7:48 PM

@dscroggs4   Hi,

I recently turned Master also. My average at that time was I think around the 66 mark. Then 2 great rounds and I was master. It took me 20 months to get there. Not that I was trying too hard mind you. However I really only play 18 hole rounds and record all of those - also I'm not that good :-)

When I turned Master I did one thing - bought the 8.5 Driver. The theory being. OK I've got to Master and gone back 20 - 30 yards on the tee, buy the better driver and gain that 20 - 30 yards back. So that it would kinda get me back to where I was as a Pro - if you get my drift.

So  - Yes it is a lot more difficult now (had some terrible practice rounds - but thats all a learning experience). I have spent a lot of time practicing and only ventured out for two ranked rounds since becoming master and completed both of them. Once I start a ranked round I always complete it, no matter what. My first ranked round I shot 67 at BPB, and my second ranked round a 65 at Kiawah. Yes it was really really hard work, and my short game really kept me alive. The 8.5 driver is not as forgiving as the previous one, so I am spraying it a bit -  however I am trying the GI-S balls and that helps a bit in slowing down the meter.

Anyway - with hard work and lots of practice you should be able to keep that average somewhere in the high 60's which to be perfectly honest would be fine by me. Will I ever get back to shooting 61 at Kiawah not sure, and my best ever at BPB was 66 (as Pro)

So -  bottom line -  although I have made it to master my scores look like they could be holding around the same mark  - maybe slightly higher. As I mentioned previously I've only ventured out for two ranked rounds - why go out on ranked rounds and shoot 78 or 80, thats not gonna help anyone. I would rather do all that in a practice round and learn from it, and then when I feel good about my game, head out for a ranked round. It seems to be working OK, but - hey - we all have bad rounds - right?

Yer gonna have to put in heaps of practice though - I am still enjoying it to, which is the main thing. Although its a lot harder than before.

Thats just my experience since turning master

WGT epic FAIL - I think NOT. 

Happy hitting

Cheers Doug

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 8:02 PM

Hey Doug,

I hope you copy and pasted that post and didn't just type that out because you replied to a 6 month old post ;)

Perhaps that chap is still in need of assistance.

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 9:13 PM

• Rhett78
    65 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2010 8:31 PM

Nice drive Priestess, haven't got quit that far yet, but finally got into the 58's. Pretty stoked about that!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2010 9:56 PM

Hey FigJam,

81 ranked rounds doesn't even constitute a master. You should upgrade and discover what your missing in the game. After a couple hundred more ranked rounds, you'll understand what I'm talking about.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Fri, Feb 5 2010 10:17 PM

also on BPB #6

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Tue, Feb 23 2010 12:29 PM

As I said dorkfeatures, practice and practice and practice some more until you are comfortable that you can hit near that sweet spot.

• IPv6Freely
    13 Posts
    Thu, Feb 25 2010 5:49 AM

LOL " Hope there is a plan in place to fix this"...

RSS