Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT .....FIX THE DAMN METER JUMPING

Sun, Feb 13 2011 8:50 PM (26 replies)
  • Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 6:32 PM

Richard, if it would be 1 out 100 that has problem I would agree with you, but now there is more like 1 out of 100  that does NOT have problems. Please let WGT make excuses for themselves because, quite frankly, the meter problem is real and it is huge. Closing the eyes will not make t go away.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 8:20 PM

I have meter issues, just as everyone else does I think....but not as often as some here make it seem.  I clean my laptop quite frequently. I do notice that I have more frequent meter issues when I haven't cleared my cache in a while.

Happy Golfing

Hazen

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 8:21 PM

8 Gigs of Ram.....Quad core Cpu....cleared Cache.....disabled everything except virus protection....no other windows open during play....Gamebooster......and still have have sliding meter issues especially during my putts......of course it's not every game maybe 2 out of every 5 games about a couple times per game I have this issue.....Sometimes it's the computer but a lot of times it's WGT.....Fix da meter. 

• NickN85
    193 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 8:23 PM

ironking34:

8 Gigs of Ram.....Quad core Cpu....cleared Cache.....disabled everything except virus protection....no other windows open during play....Gamebooster......and still have have sliding meter issues especially during my putts......of course it's not every game maybe 2 out of every 5 games about a couple times per game I have this issue.....Sometimes it's the computer but a lot of times it's WGT.....Fix da meter. 

video card? browser being used? ISP speeds? type of isp?

all these things are other factors..

its best if you use a video card with dedicated RAM built in..

also the latency of your ISP vs. the ping to the wgt server is a factor..

and also whether your isp handles flash in a way that builds up or reduces latency is also a factor..

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 8:35 PM

NickN85:

deo card? browser being used? ISP speeds? type of isp?

all these things are other factors..

its best if you use a video card with dedicated RAM built in..

also the latency of your ISP vs. the ping to the wgt server is a factor..

and also whether your isp handles flash in a way that builds up or reduces latency is also a factor..

ATI Radeon HD 4500   512 MB built in......Cable Modem......I'm sure I'm running a better than average computer......It's not my computer it's the meter.

• NickN85
    193 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 8:41 PM

video card could use an upgrade.. but should be sufficient.. are you direct connect to your modem or going through a wireless router? and if so what kind of speeds and ping are you getting? (can be found at speedtest.net and pingtest,net).. if youre going through a router youre increasing latency.. if theres multiple computers on the same network.. your increasing latency.. if there's data loss on the pingtest.net report.. your increasing latency..

There's about a hundred reasons the meter can glitch.. only about 3 of them being server-side.. which trust me with WGT's revenue.. they would easily have tried to avoid those at all costs.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Sun, Feb 13 2011 8:50 PM

NickN85:

Seriously... I guess the color of underwear is in the end the difference between the green and the bunker? Ritual sacrifying of RAM during full moon? 

Disinformation is not going to help anyone.

Yes, you can make the problem smaller by making sure your computer is strong, clean and not busy with anything else. But you can not make it disappear by doing that. 

An ISP does not "handle" Flash in any which way and if it really is so that ping and network latency do affect the meter, then it is just a proof that something is wrong in the design of the game. There is absolutely nothing that my client need from the servers when it is time for me to shoot. It has given me the yardage, the position, the lie, the wind (which is static in the ciient so any gust winds would not be visible to me anyway) and the altitude difference. When I start to shoot I have taken in all the information the game want to communicate. I have set my aim. Only thing left now is for the game, and the servers, to wait for two things: My power and my timing.

There is nothing more to compute for the server until it has those values. The server do not compute the shot, the client does. Before I have clicked my 'ding' there is nothing to compute. Except the meter itself. Unfortunately it does not do a very good job at that. 

RSS