Forums

Help › Forums

Re: how to handle quiters

rated by 0 users
Sat, Sep 19 2009 11:32 PM (50 replies)
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Sep 19 2009 11:32 PM

I'm sorry, but locking a thread before it degenerates into nonsense (such as this) is nothing more than proactive forum management.  We enjoy the right of free speech, but that right is NOT absolute.  Once you've gone beyond reasonable (such as yelling FIRE! in a movie theatre) then you can be subject to prosecution, or in most quitter thread cases, a thread lock.

Faterson:
    His renewed commitment, on behalf of WGT, to combat the quitters issue.

Renewed commitment.  Maybe.  Seems like just a re-hash of something that was already said before to me.  You are conveniently ignoring the statement directly above it, which is something that someone who doesn't care about quitting would probably argue.  They fed both camps what they wanted to hear and it worked.  Brilliant strategy if you ask me.  Might sell some clubs.

Faterson:
    you're being neither judged nor compared to anyone

Faterson:
    I simply expressed an opposing view

Not quite.

Faterson:
    That would not be the correct, professional moderator's response.

The professional moderator's attitude and task would be...

You took my suggested action and then compared it directly to what a "professional" moderator might do.  If that wasn't a direct comparison between myself and a "professional" moderator then I just don't know what is.  I can't simplify it any further.

It all comes down to phrasing really.  Instead of saying, "That's not what I would I do.  I would...", you do it your way instead.  Tact is that "keen sense of what to do or say in order to maintain good relations with others or avoid offense." 

You're not good at that.

RSS